Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burn Ban in KY

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    The Daniel Boone National Forest just went under a complete burn ban. No campfires, no cooking fires.

Many counties are instituting bans independantly so all this should be factored in if camping trips are being planned.
    This is true across much of the country. Please, nobody strike a match! Political positioning aside, its becoming fairly clear that "the times they are a-changing" (thanks be to Bob Dylan)

[And there's that F/A-18 again.]

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Aflineman must be having a whoooooooooole lot of fun. All part of the time flies thingy.
    Nah, just looking forward to getting back to work a few days before I really have to. And no, I really don't like flies.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Leon, county Texas just lifted our barn ban but I think I'll still wait awhile . After 2 years with little rain I've lost about 1100 trees on my back 20 acres. Such a waste. It would be great fire wood its just that we have to mild of winters so most homes don't have fireplaces. I was looking at a portable sawmill to make large beams out of it for a new barn next year.
    I hate to see fall and rot.

What is this "burn ban"?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Many wells are going dry around here. Frankly, that's not something I had even thought about happening. Well drillers are working overtime putting down deeper wells. After sitting dry for months my rain barrels finally got filled up yesterday. That's 100 gallons of water. Yeah!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah they just put up a civilian fireworks ban for fayette county... even though we got a little storm last night I guess it won't make a difference.
    Will you be ready when the time comes?