Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burn Ban in KY

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Burn Ban in KY

The Daniel Boone National Forest just went under a complete burn ban. No campfires, no cooking fires.

Many counties are instituting bans independantly so all this should be factored in if camping trips are being planned.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Same way here in Indiana, Crash we need you to send some of that rain up north!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

No rain today - just bright, blue, sunny skies.............and skeeters.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Well, you are welcome to some of mine. A thunder storm is just breaking as I type. Oh and humidity and temps are high I'm melting and grouchy.
    Last edited by Winnie; 06-28-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Have had a burn ban in CO for some time and look at what we have. Just shows, always be prepared. Hope all is well. They have not found the cause for the Waldo Canyon fire here in the shadow of Pikes Peak.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Utah has a burn ban as well. I am sure a lot of western states do as well.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Don't forget that fireworks will ignite a brush fire just as quickly as an open fire!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

T storm just about every day here in N.E.

The fire work issue is a biggy lately around here, including the fire chief lighting the grass on fire with a sparkler.
    Big cities kinda split on this.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Not as dry as it was at this time last year in my area but we've had some rain that others haven't had. The rains have been very patchy but this area has been lucky twice in the last few weeks. Last year by this date we had been in the triple digits most of a month. Not so this year but it's been pretty warm the last week. (and no rain) My county hasn't put a ban on burning or fireworks yet but I'm sure many counties in TX have and many more will before long. From what I've heard it's time in many parts of the country to be careful. I would hope that our forum members are smart enough to know when not to burn without the GOV telling them. Fire can be a real SHTF!!

Oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Well, you are welcome to some of mine. A thunder storm is just breaking as I type. Oh and humidity and temps are high I'm melting and grouchy.
    Looking out my window at a thermometer that reads 103F. Humidity is up around 85%. I have all the AC vents blowing right on me and am feeling real sorry for my feathered ladies outside hiding under the bushes trying to figure out why God wants baked chicken.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Note to self....pack microwave into rendezvous gear.....find spot next to current bush.

We're sitting on 104 at the moment. The airport at Indy hit 105 but it was only there for one minute and it has to be at a temp for two minutes to be official. So....hottest day since 1958 and hottest day ever in June.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18639312

Guess I shouldn't complain, most of Northern Ireland, North East England, the Midlands and parts of Scotland are under water. Flash flooding has caused wholesale destruction. The East Coast Scotland to England Rail line was closed by floods and landslides.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

July 1st here. Came home this weekend (passed on overtime) so I could get the burn pile gone.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Oregon is a couple of days ahead of everyone else. Still June 29th here.

Quote Originally Posted by aflineman View Post
    July 1st here. Came home this weekend (passed on overtime) so I could get the burn pile gone.
    Still June 29 here as well,......... any good stocks we should be looking at?
    Race track winners?....lottery numbers?

Good luck with that.

Aflineman must be having a whoooooooooole lot of fun. All part of the time flies thingy.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

In my particular portion of the greater Lost Angeles area, we haven't had a single day above 86 degrees, and reasonable humidity all the time. As of this moment, the temperature in my backyard is 84 degrees, with 56% humidity.

Three years ago, by this date, we had experienced fifteen days with temps above 110 and humidity in the single-digits.

Go figure.

-- Nighteyes

PS: A Navy F/A-18 just passed overhead, fairly low, with its afterburners on. Rattled my windows in their frames, it did, and completely spoiled my concentration. [Sigh!] One of the consequences of being so near to the Naval Aviation Weapons Station at Point Mugu...