Thread: Just checking in

Default Just checking in

I'm on a friends PC so this will be brief...sorry. But Thought it best to just update you all sorta'.

We have moved, and are only about 10 miles from where one of our jamborees was held... Just north of Mammoth Cave Nat'l Park. We are still settling in and haven't gotten around to connecting our PC (What did I do with all those cords?) Yet it is a much better place and environment IMO. At least whenwe drive through the park we get to see Turkey and deer.We cross the ferry everyday going to work, which is a nice 1 minute break from the drive in. Hope to be back in the group soon though.We've missed you all. Take care and I'll try to check back in, in a few days. (I'm working 7 days a week!)
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Poco, Its good to hear things are going well.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Good to hear from you.....hang in there......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks for the update!! Glad things are working out.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'm glad to hear things are well.

Welcome back, Poco!!!
    Glad everything has worked out and hope it continues to get better and better.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to you and Equus joining us full time.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

So glad you are touching base. Sounds like you really made a great move. I will be glad when you are able to be in contact with us on a more regular basis soon. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Blog Entries

Great to hear from you, sounds like things are improving.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've missed your whole family, so get settled in so we can hear from you more often. I still want to get down to Mammoth Cave, it was a real bummer not making the rendezvous last year. Is there any way possible for you to make the rendezvous this year?

Tell everyone hello for me and take good care of yourselves.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Still looking for the cords...did I mention I hate moving? LOL

Good to know I/we've been missed. Hope to be back soon full time(Now WHERE are those cords?)
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pocomoonskyeyes3 View Post
    Still looking for the cords...did I mention I hate moving? LOL

Good to know I/we've been missed. Hope to be back soon full time(Now WHERE are those cords?)

Having moved myself recently, I feel your pain! Might I suggest they are in a box?
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So glad to hear from you Poco. I held that stone in my hand the other day and spent a little time thinking about you. Said a little prayer for ya.
    Don't be a stranger!

glad things are working for you

Thanks folks. It's good to know I have a Home. LOL even if it is just a virtual campfire with all of you gathered around.

Hey, can you pass the coffee?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

It's a bit early for coffee...would a nice cup of tea suffice?