Thread: refraction

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

Default refraction

Does anybody know for sure where to aim when spearfishing. I saw the spearfishing thread and it seems undecided where to aim. I thought it was below but I could be wrong. Who knows?

Banned
    Blog Entries

"Refraction" Rick, thought that was NEW MATH........

It's when you have do your fractions over again, Hopeak.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Here is all I know about it. Sneak up directly in back of the fish. One shot from a .458 Winchester Magnum using a 510 Gr. bullet. You end up soaking wet. The river or lake has had all the water blown out. Take only the fish you need.

Default Hook your foot first.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    Here is all I know about it. Sneak up directly in back of the fish. One shot from a .458 Winchester Magnum using a 510 Gr. bullet. You end up soaking wet. The river or lake has had all the water blown out. Take only the fish you need.
    .458magnum, aimed at the ground could help you achieve lift off.

it could lift you far enough from the ground that you where looking directly down at the fish, negating the need to compensate for refraction. it's brilliant....
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

anyway, i told you for sure. i even posted a link to a wikipedia article so that there would be no more mistake.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

"Refraction" is where you use a fraction of a stick of dynamite. Light, toss in water, fish are dead and float to top.

Seriously, I think the real location of the object has to do with the angle of the light source (the sun) to the water surface.

Take a clear glass, a pen, and a bright light. Put pen in a glass half full of water so that only 1/2 of the pen is under water. Shine the light on the water, note how the pen appears to bend. Without moving your viewpoint, move the light source and note how the angle of the pen underwater changes.

Seems to be the consense that the .458magnum would work. I want to know, would the 450 Weatherby work as well?

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!