Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champion Generator?

Nephew uses one of the little Honda's to run the lights on their carp bow hunting boat, not sure how many watts, but runs the spot lights.

Couple of towns have a tagged carp swimming around in there local lakes, to encourage shooting them...tagged carp worth like $100 bucks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

My buddy bought a Honda EU2000i for our alligator hunting boat. But, we stopped using boats the next year. Several years later my dad, my brother Sean and I were in deer camp for opening archery. It was in August. We were sitting there sweating our behinds off and listening to generators run at other camps. So we drug out the generators we all bought after hurricane Wilma. These are loud and heavy so I decided to look into the Honda series. Another friend had the 1000 that he keeps in his tool box. I called my buddy with the EU2000i and asked him where he bought it. When he found out I was going to buy one he told me just to use his and if he ever needed a generator that I have to give him that one or another on to use. I keep its oil changed and running.

I like the price of that too F R E E! I've run 3 fans for almost ten hours on 1 gallon of gas.

Harbor Freight has some small generators cheap also. Its 2 stroke and only 800 watts continuous load rating. But, its only $129 and its small. My fan draws 1.3 amps so we could run 5 fans on that little generator.

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines...tor-66619.html

Last edited by sjj; 12-15-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Default Champion Generators

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Cabelas has one on sale I have my eye on. Anyone know anything good bad or indifferent to help me make up my mind?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Champ...h-All+Products

I actually sell these generators out here in CA and can tell you that from my experience they are a great buy for the price! Now while i might be bias.... They have worked great for me and my customers and the only complain is that they don't many of the whisper quiet "Honda" type models. For the money I think this generator is probably your best option!

2016 and the champion carried us through Mathew running for 3 days continuous, used 20 gallons of gas. I was able to power the well pump and even the washing machine! Lights are "ON" now!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

So I guess that's a SUCCESS........Congrats.
    Gotta love it when your plans work out...but what a way to try it out.

Good to see ya.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27