Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Outta Here Again

Best wishes to you sir, heal up quickly.
    No Retreat, No Surrender

good luck rick

Wishing you the best Sir.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Prayers sent Rick, for the surgery and a speedy recovery!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I hope n pray you're doin okay.

(Quick, everyone hide the hong pics before he gets back!!!!!!)
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Best of luck Rick, and I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.......

Pretty Pants

Good luck mister! Fingers are crossed! Come back as soon as possible!
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

OK, it's been long enough...where you at? You know how we worry...
    Hope it all went well.
    Hope you're not in pain.
    Hope you'll bounce back real quick.
    Hope you're done with all that for a long, long time!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yep, last time you were back online typing with one finger in 24 hours. They must have knocked you out big-time.

Hope you are back soon.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Prayers for a speedy recovery,easy on the drugs dude,I just finished withdrawl from 12 months on hydrocodone,I still hurt,but the drugs ain't worth it.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Best wishes from us as well........
    Any news?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks all! Bad news. I'm back. In and out same day.

As to why the surgeries I tore both rotators in separate accidents several years past and tore up a knee in another. The bad news is when you have a rotator repair there is something like a 60% chance of a re-tear. In my case that's been 100%. So 6 repairs later....2 on the left and 4 on the right. This go 'round on both they removed part of the shoulder blades and part of the collar bones to open the space up for the rotators. No big deal really. I haven't even been on pain meds. They did trigger finger releases on each hand when they did the shoulders. My arm is all trussed up like it went thru a meat grinder but it's no where near as bad as it looks.

The knee last October just wore out from the previous repair.

When I met with the Doc after the right shoulder was done I asked what they did with the bone that's removed. I was thinking it could be donated and used in a procedure like Nell had. He told me he puts it in a zip lock bag and takes it home to his dog. Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are.

Probably more than you cared to know but that's the skinny. Much, much worse things to deal with than this little bump in the road. Stay safe!

Back to typing with 1 hand. Aaaarrrgggg.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thanks all! Bad news. I'm back. In and out same day.

As to why the surgeries I tore both rotators in separate accidents several years past and tore up a knee in another. The bad news is when you have a rotator repair there is something like a 60% chance of a re-tare. In my case that's been 100%. So 6 repairs later....2 on the left and 4 on the right. This go 'round on both they removed part of the shoulder blades and part of the collar bones to open the space up for the rotators. No big deal really. I haven't even been on pain meds. They did trigger finger releases on each hand when they did the shoulders. My arm is all trussed up like it went thru a meat grinder but it's no where near as bad as it looks.

The knee last October just wore out from the previous repair.

When I met with the Doc after the right shoulder was done I asked what they did with the bone that's removed. I was thinking it could be donated and used in a procedure like Nell had. He told me he puts it in a zip lock bag and takes it home to his dog. Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are.

Probably more than you cared to know but that's the skinny. Much, much worse things to deal with than this little bump in the road. Stay safe!

Back to typing with 1 hand. Aaaarrrgggg.
    Don't forget the para-cord for your fly! If you don't know how to do that get a hold of 2D, he can help!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Well it's good to see that the Master Honger has returned! Glad your back buddy and everyhting went well

The only rope I have is barge rope. Really big stuff. I could probably unbraid a tiny piece though.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Glad it went well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Glad to hear the good news and get better soon...... para cord, hummm.....there are a few around here that check stuff like zipped flys....Just sayin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Cool It's like this....

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    ...... para cord, hummm.....there are a few around here that check stuff like zipped flys....Just sayin'
    I got the idea from 2 Dumb, just tryin' to help, honest!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

My wife informed my long ago that there are some things I may need done that I would be completely out of luck if I would be waiting on her. Self sufficient is a good thing.

SO glad it went well Rick,most people I talked to who had the surgery I had said they had zero pain afterward,but that is not the case here,I have residual pain in my neck and numbness in my arm and fingers.

WHat I wanted most having the surgery was getting off the meds,I am off them now,just dealing with the issues.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)