Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goat Butter and Cheese

Default Goat Butter and Cheese

Mrs. S makes great butter and cheese from our milk goats here on the farm. It is so rich and delicious. Anybody else use goat's milk? Here is a pic of one of our milk goats, her name is Karma.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    No Retreat, No Surrender

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

I was served milk by an old goat once, does that count? Seriously though, the only goat cheese I've eaten was on a Pappa John's Pizza, anyway I believe they use goat cheese.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

It's been many, many years but we had milk goats when I was a lad. Used the milk for drinking and cooking. Didn't make cheese or butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I was served milk by an old goat once, does that count? Seriously though, the only goat cheese I've eaten was on a Pappa John's Pizza, anyway I believe they use goat cheese.
    Ummm......sure....I would say that counts sir! lol
    No Retreat, No Surrender

Did you realize that Karma has a goat head sticking out of..........never mind.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I love goat cheese. Maybe someday if I have the time and we can figure out some space we might try raising goats..Cool name too.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Did you realize that Karma has a goat head sticking out of..........never mind.
    That's how tough our Tennessee goats are CD, they drop em on the ground and don't even blink an eye....just keep on eating grass. lol
    No Retreat, No Surrender

I'll bet she's a really mean goat, too. I've always heard Karma can be a b****h sometimes.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Rick, Karma appears to be a Nubian,and Nubians do not have a mean bone in their body,loud and obnoxious,yes mean nope!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Rick, Karma appears to be a Nubian,and Nubians do not have a mean bone in their body,loud and obnoxious,yes mean nope!
    Aww, you know your goats! She is a sweetheart, and without a doubt the loudest animal on this farm...lol.
    No Retreat, No Surrender

Goat cheese makes great cheese dip

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan300 View Post
    Aww, you know your goats! She is a sweetheart, and without a doubt the loudest animal on this farm...lol.
    Yup was a master showman in the tri-state area when I was in high school,got into Boers for a while ,but just like goats in general,they really are an all around general purpose animal.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I am soo Envious!
    I've tried making cheese several times as kitchen experiments here in the Burbs but always fail miserably!
    Don't run, you'll only die tired!

I've never had any but wouldn't mine trying it, I hear Mrs. S. is spot on with the goat cheese. One Day!

That's wonderful spartan! Always good to have some dairy on hand.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

We had nubians growing up too. We drank the milk and made cheese and butter. We also sold the milk. The cheese was the best thing on the planet. We often experimented by adding things to it. Yum. Now I'm hungry for it.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

I so envy you Spartan. I keep wondering if I got a couple of pygmy dairy goats if I could convince the neighborhood association that they are just funny looking dogs...

Pygmy goats? Then the pygmies would show up riding their Shetland ponies. Things could get nasty pretty quick. The association is definitely gonna balk on the ponies. Especially if the pygmies don't clean up when they walk them.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ever seen a pygmy goat? They're adorable. And I don't mean puppies and kittens cute, they're right up there at level with baby Koalas. Especially when they get all mad and try to headbutt everything. It's better than TV.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Oh my gosh, I may have found my newest desire for a pet. Currently a descented skunk is at the top of my list. They are supposed to be like cats. Can you house train a pygmy goat?