Thread: Looking for a gun part

Default Looking for a gun part

It's a Winchester Model 37 in 410.

Winchester.jpg

It's part No. 23. You can also see it in part No. 21. It's the tensioning clamp fixed to the forearm that holds the forearm clamped to the barrel.
    when it comes to relationships, the line between helpful & hurtful is difficult to draw, but easy to cross

Not sure if it is listed on here (might go by a different name), as a last resort the complete forearm is listed (a call to verify would be in order). http://www.nulineguns.com/category_p...5_3_31_115.php

This site lists 3 address and phone numbers for places that carry parts for it (one is the link above). http://www.winchesterguns.com/custom...lete/index.asp
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks Crash! Will Give them a call this afternoon.
    when it comes to relationships, the line between helpful & hurtful is difficult to draw, but easy to cross

here's a couple places you my want to check out.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

http://www.gun-parts.com/index.html/

Thanks, I just emailed Bob's http://www.gun-parts.com/index.html/. Not heard back from them yet.

Contacted Nulineguns.com and the other sites from Winchester's Vintage/obsolete site. Nulineguns is gonna call back . . their "expert" is out of town.

Also called Brownells and they don't deal in obsolete parts.

I'll keep looking.

Here's a pic of the part:

Maybe someone with some welding know-how could repair it. Only problem is the hole where it broke is threaded for the eustachain (sp?)

I've actually tried to find this part on and off for several years to no avail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The part is cast metal and cannot be welded with any success. Carry it to a machine shop and have one made from mild steel.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Just a thought.....I have a H&R 12 ga slug gun, (or did till the tragic canoe accident..nudge, nudge, wink wink...known as the TCA), has the spring loaded forearm.....dern thing pulls off with you send a 1oz slug down range.

All my other H&R Handi's have/had a screw to hold the forearm on, was considering having a gunsmith weld on a stud socket and use a screw like later models.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KABOOM!
    "Dang, Hunter, your gun came apart."
    "No, no. It's supposed to do that. If I miss it gives me something to throw at 'em."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I kinda looked at that but I still have to have the fork looking thingy that's broken because it hooks over a pin and keeps the barrel from falling off when you breech it. But, if the forky looking thingy is situated between the pin and the stud socket/forearm screw to be added it should hold the barrel on no problem. The short/top section of the forky looking thing would become "unnecessary". An idea to pursue fer sure.

Quote Originally Posted by geron View Post
    I kinda looked at that but I still have to have the fork looking thingy that's broken because it hooks over a pin and keeps the barrel from falling off when you breech it. But, if the forky looking thingy is situated between the pin and the stud socket/forearm screw to be added it should hold the barrel on no problem. The short/top section of the forky looking thing would become "unnecessary". An idea to pursue fer sure.
    Hunter's fix seems like it would work well. A machine shop probably wouldn't charge but about $50 bucks to make you a new peice. I didn't mean to be short, but it definately cannot be welded, so rule that thought out.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Short? Why you don't look short at all in your pictures CS.

Now I've two ways to think about if my emails don't yield a part. Thanks!

I have the part you need if you need a pictures contact me Jerrymac E-mail braggjd@bulloch.net

Sure, Post a pic and I'll see if it's the part i need. I've also found it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by geron View Post
    Sure, Post a pic and I'll see if it's the part i need. I've also found it elsewhere.
    could not get picture on thread did you get on e-mail did't know how to make the picture small to put on thread

The easiest way to post the pic is to set up a photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). It's free and they have software that allows you to size your pics as well as other handy things. 640X480 is a nice size. Once your picture is on photobucket and resized you just overlay your cursor on the picture and a dialogue box will that has the forum VB code already laid out. You just click on it and paste it in your post. Easy Peasy.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Finding parts, fixing guns and posting picutres all in the same thread?

I see a mental meltdown on the horizon!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Finding parts, fixing guns and posting picutres all in the same thread?

I see a mental meltdown on the horizon!
    Thanks rick that sounds easy.