Thread: Bushbaby's Gear Closeout Sale

Cool Bushbaby's Gear Closeout Sale

Some things have sat on my shelf for a while and I'd like to think they'd rather be outside doing something adventurous! So here's part 1 of the house cleaning, I'll see if I can part with some more military items later. Happy shopping

USMC ECWCS GEN II Layer 2 Polypro 1/4 zip Expedition Weight LS Polypro Thermal

Authentic USMC Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System Generation 2 Layer 2 polypro thermal top, long sleeve. NSN: 8415-01-227-9548. Used a few times during winter trekking. Surprisingly no smell Fabric exhibits pilling as expected from heavyweight polypro thermals, can easily be removed with fabric comb or safety razor. Size small (fits male, 5'10", 160lb). Reference.
    Asking $15 + shipping.
    Pictures here

Outdoor Research Helium Compression Sack #5

Never used lightweight compression sack. Was intended to compress a sleeping bag but ended up not using compression sacks at all, found my pack had enough space to hold a bag uncompressed. This thing has huge storage capacity: 47L capacity with 4 compression straps. Reference. 5.6oz
    Retails $32, asking $20 + shipping.
    Pictures here

Outdoor Research Helium Compression Sack #2

Never used lightweight compression sack. As with the larger #5, this was meant to compress and store clothes while on long hauls. Again, pack was large enough I didn't need to compress spare items. Large enough for a couple tee shirts, knickers, a long sleeve sweater, and socks. Storage capacity: 12L capacity with 4 compression straps. Reference. 3.8oz
    Retails $32, asking $12 + shipping.
    Pictures here

The North Face Paramount Peak Convertible Trekking Trousers (2008 design)

I lost a lot of weight and no longer fit the 32x32 dimension of this medium-sized trouser. This is the in-demand design from 2008-2009 with the camera pocket on the left and the D-ring on the right side. Zip-off leggings convert trouser to shorts. Bleach fading on thighs and some spots around the waist (shown in pictures) otherwise no physical or structural damage. Comes with web clip belt (removable). Reference.
    Retails $85, asking $30 + shipping. Damage is only cosmetic but I understand people want good looking stuff
    Pictures here

Or buy all and take 10% off the total.
    Last edited by MCBushbaby; 07-11-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: PRICE DROP
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

[Sigh!] I haven't been able to wear pants with a 32-inch waist since I was a high school freshman. Even at my slim-trim fighting best, with so little body fat that I couldn't float, I STILL wore a 38. Imagine, if you will, a 6-foot figure strongly resembling an oversized fireplug on two logs. In other words, I'm a DBI (Danged Big Indian)

Now that I'm collecting Social Security, the best I can do is 42.

[Self-pity routine disengaged.]

Good luck with your sale.

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 08-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post

Now that I'm collecting Social Security, the best I can do is 42.

[Self-pity routine disengaged.]

-- Nighteyes
    Now, I know you can do better than that.
    Besides, don't you have a northern Spain trek coming up soon? As in, on foot?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I would be in the same boat, almost.

If I could get into a 32w I would look like a refugee from Auschwitz.

I might make it TEOTWAWKI +18 months.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Kyrat, 34w is quite acceptable and you're already doing all the right things.
    The important thing is to start, get into some healthier habits and never quit.
    We usually do that under duress but why wait and be forced into it?