Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expect more new members from a site that died

No Mrs. Rick......he meant Life Savers....the candy. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Life preservers. Life savers. At my age anything alive is a plus.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hey!? What the?..... He can have the homemade pie if I can have the life preservers.
    Hahahaha. *eyebrow wiggle
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Oh Now see. I've been here pretty often in the past 2 months before ST bought the farm and you didn't even notice. I was using a little notebook and the advertising was so slow to load that it just wasn't worth it. Even for you guys. But! A new laptop and all is well.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

Blog Entries

Cool Whoa....

Gettin' way too many newbies to this forum!

You guys need to straighten up and act mature or they'll think we're nuts!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Gettin' way too many newbies to this forum!

You guys need to straighten up and act mature or they'll think we're nuts!
    But... we ARE nuts! Besides, I don't see how good posture has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I can only hope that all these folks already own a knife, some have made firearm choices and none are planning to hike across Russia living off the land or start a survival colony in Ubeckistan and need us to supply land knowledge and funds.

You have made the inevitable decision. You will be assimilated. I knew it would happen the day I was banned from that board for pointing out a severe lack of common sense.
    Eh....right.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Life preservers. Life savers. At my age anything alive is a plus.
    I think it is a synaptic connection due to all the canoe accidents. If you spend that much time in the water you automatically get mixed up due to ther soggy state of the brain and constant need for lifesaving devices.

I had noted the presence of CGU and wondered what situation was brewing due to the near two year break.

As far as the statement about the survival colony in BFE and such I was really serious. We get one of those each month and I was hoping the "New" people migrating over here would be well past that stage of planning and a bit better trained. (and apparently they are) Already "seasoned survivalists" as one of our most receintly banned newbies would have referred to them. The poor soul expected us to present ourselves as humbled, cowed down and whimped out due to our confrontations with nature and did not understand that such things normally give a sense of accomplishment, self confidence and are actually used as character building experiences. we sent him out to live on raw meat and tre bark for a while and perhaps he will come back after his mental state matches his claimed 25 year age.

What are the two most asked questions on any wilderness, bushcraft or survival forum? What gun should I buy and what knife should I buy, closely followed by what canteen should I buy?

We should have an automatic link that just tacks this question to the end of the never ending threads on these two subjects whenever the words what gun or what knife are used to begin a querry. I never realized there were so many 30 year old men who had never owned a pocketknife, never fired a weapon, never carried water in a bottle and never camped out overnight in the back yard.

Hey 1timestar, what kind of pie are we talking about? I have been on this diet for so long I forgot what my favorite is. Meaning amy kind would be acceptable for bribery or acquisition of favors. I went so far as to repair a furnce in exchange for a home cooked meal a month or so back just to have someone to talk too while eating. It's been rough since both the wife and the cat died.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well if you want an extremely Alaskan type, I would say blueberry, cranberry, raspberry pie. I'm actually out of berries right now except for a flat of strawberries I got from someone and put up in the freezer. But berry season is coming! On Tues. we officially hit the 24 hour of daylight. That much sun makes for a good growing season.

Blog Entries

Cool What?

Quote Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
    But... we ARE nuts! Besides, I don't see how good posture has anything to do with it.
    Didn't your Mommy teach you anything? If you walk around all slouched over you'll look like a Neanderthal and nobody will take you seriously! I swear, the 1st one of those guys that ask me "what's the best survival knife?" get's banned! (Probably not, but don't say anything!)

I wonder how many of those newbies have seen the "hong pic?"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Uh oh Sarge, now you've gone and done it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I wonder how many of those newbies have seen the "hong pic?"
    Noooooooooo, please, noooo
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

(Yaaaaaawn). Armpf. Whew, I just woke up. I had this dream someone asked about the Hong picture. How funny is that?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Now, now, now.....let's not pick on my friends from ST. They too battled the onslaught of the ridiculous. Welcome them - who knows we might be able to teach each other a thing or two.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It was just a dream. Go back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    II had noted the presence of CGU and wondered what situation was brewing due to the near two year break.

As far as the statement about the survival colony in BFE and such I was really serious. We get one of those each month and I was hoping the "New" people migrating over here would be well past that stage of planning and a bit better trained. (and apparently they are) Already "seasoned survivalists" as one of our most receintly banned newbies would have referred to them. The poor soul expected us to present ourselves as humbled, cowed down and whimped out due to our confrontations with nature and did not understand that such things normally give a sense of accomplishment, self confidence and are actually used as character building experiences. we sent him out to live on raw meat and tre bark for a while and perhaps he will come back after his mental state matches his claimed 25 year age.

Well, I was never absent for 2 years. I just dodn't post much here. Firstly because there was a lot of overlap between the forums, second this is where I come to relax.
    I drop in and make sure the F.A.R.T is still going strong or at least still going. Sometimes I'd just drop in to see if 2D and Ken were still having a lovers quarrel. Make sure Rick has an emergency Twinkie etc...

Th majority of ST refugees who wander in here are just new to WSF not the typical noob to a survival forum that wants a good excuse to drink pee.
    Sarge47

Banned

Welcome to all the new members! This is your new home. Side note: Neanderthals walked upright like we do.

All you new folks form a line over there. Come on, come on. We don't have all day. I said a line people, not a semi-circle. No wonder that other place imploded. It's like herdin' cats.

Well I'm another cast off from survival topics, sucks that its gone, but move on. I forgot I was even registered here. So hello to those I don't know and those I do.

Hey Stairman, you got a problem with me being here!!! Come on, I'll meet ya halfway with my boxing gloves on.