Thread: My Old Truck

Default My Old Truck

Thought I would show y'all my old truck, her name is Ol' Rattler. It was my grandpa that I am named afters truck, who died a few years before I was born, than it was my dads truck and now it's mine. My dad and I fixed her up after sitting out at my grandmas for many years, we swapped out the old rusty bed for a steel flatbed, changed over to a dual 4.10 rearend, repainted the cab, made up some bed rails, and as you will hear in the video I cut out the old rusted out exhaust the other day and bolted in a straight pipe.

Future stuff I plan to do is get some new bb code injectors for a little more power, still got to find a dixie horn, and I have been considering sometime down the road doing a solid axle swap in so doing converting it to 4x4. But that won't be for a while, I don't have the time or money to do it now but I'll be slowly collecting the parts. If I do the SAS I will probably drop some money into a turbo kit for a little boost.
    Last edited by Sparky93; 05-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I think it's neat it's been passed on from generation to generation, and is still very much in use. I'm fascinated with old things typically especially when it's a part of someone family. I hope you keep Ol' Rattler going long enough to pass on to the next generation.

CS is going to be sooooo envious. Old trucks and cowboy hats. It don't get much better than that. Nice job on the truck. I think grandpa would approve.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Nice job on the truck. I'll bet your Grandfather is smiling ear to ear as it drives down the road.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Very cool....and it's a year newer than my first 4 X 4, I bought new......LOL
    Pap-paw would be proud.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sweet ride Sparky! If only it were a chevy!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Put Willie Nelson on the 8 track......LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks everybody
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.