Thread: USMC MSS 4-piece sleeping system for sale

Cool USMC MSS Sleeping System

USMC M.S.S. (Modular Sleeping System)

Authentic USMC, Natick tags. Includes Goretex Bivvy, Patrol bag (green), Intermediate bag (black), and compression stuff sack. Used lightly for a few years - no rips, tears, stains, modifications, damage of any kind other than maybe a few scuffs on underside of Goretex bivvy. Heavy duty YKK zippers, bomb-proof (hyperbole) fabric and construction. Made for our boys so you know it'll hold together in the bush. Why am I selling? I've gone ultralite - still into survival - but I have new equipment that replaces this (more in the mind, less on the back). Pictures available upon request. Asking $60 + shipping.
    Located in Los Angeles for local pick up as an option. Cheers
    Picture album uploaded here: http://imgur.com/a/W0BxZ#0
    [B]UPDATE (May 19): SOLD[
    Last edited by MCBushbaby; 05-19-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

I received the bags yesterday. As advertised, they are in like new condition. I must admit to being a bit hesitant on this transaction, sending funds to an individual, awaiting that to clear, then awaiting shipment. But, things worked out great. I want to let those that may wish to deal with MCBushbaby in the future, this was a satisfying transaction.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Nice. Too bad for me that I wasnt quite at this forum when it was posted up, I have the same setup I bought online a couple years ago and for the price I would have tried to buy up this one for my wife.

i have 2 mss bags plus a xtra bivysac. awesome bags indeed.

I already have a ECWS bag. Hope you sell that thing to a good home.

Be sure that when you store it you keep it lair out or hanging in the closet. Leaving a quality bag like that compressed will ruin the hollowfill. Always unpack it when you get home.

I gonna guess he won't see you message he hasn't been around since 05-19-2012, his last post.....
    He had also posted that it was sold.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I gonna guess he won't see you message he hasn't been around since 05-19-2012, his last post.....
    He had also posted that it was sold.

The advice still stands. Most people erroneously store their bags in compression sacks and it is actually bad for them. Worse yet when you do it to a nice bag like that ECWS.
    Need something fun to read? Find a whole world of books at
    RottenApplePublishing