Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish Me Luck!

Banned

Thank you all so much again.

Today an aunt and uncle are coming by to go through more things. I don't want to take anything without asking, but as someone who loves genealogy and family history -- the only thing I will ask for is all the records my grandma has kept so I can finish them. A couple cousins and an auntie-in-law wants them, but they live on the other side of the country and I do not trust those documents traveling anywhere.

A lot of people don't understand how important it is to know where you came from. I know for my grandma's side we have everything from being kicked out of Germany, to fleeing from Russia and coming to America many years ago. I want to document it all in modern format, preserve the rest and share it for those who will come after us!

To help alleviate concerns about the records, let those that are interested in them know what your plans are for your project and that you will make copies of it for them when you are done.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by letslearntogether47 View Post
    "surpassed expectations"
    "a new zest and desire for life are going to get me through this"
    "Looking towards the future, it gets better"

Great lines from your post.
    Thanks for sharing and giving us all inspiration through your trials.
    I pray that all things will work out for you in the future.And that new zest for life will always shine through.
    Plus one on that.......Well said LLTG.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Hey guys, here is an update:

On May 7th I weight 205 pounds because of excess water weight and garbage in my system because my kidneys weren't working. As of today, I am feeling much better and after some treatment am down to 165 pounds or so. Some may wonder, "Is losing that much weight healthy?" -- For me, yes. All of that was bad mojo inside me because of what was going on with me. Doctors are astounded at how quickly I recovered. Usually they said patients with similar problems take a few months, but this was just a few weeks! My treatment is being gradually reduced, but by the middle of June I expect full remission and balance.

I also did a healing session with someone who does chakra balancing and that really helped center me as well. Been outdoors a lot and walking around on the prairie barefoot. Goodness, how I missed the prairies -- even though the mountains were beautiful.

For the heck of it, I applied for a job a few weeks ago to do some work with a branch of the government on a contract basis and accepted the position earlier in the week. Good pay and benefits, and the best thing -- it's back in my hometown so I'll be able to stay with my mom, help her out (and my grandparents, as my grandma is nearing her final days) and save up some good cash.

Even though my grandma is nearing the end of her physical existence, she will always "be" -- with all of us. I am so blessed to have been raised by such a wonderful woman. One of, if not my greatest teacher. Have been with her the past three days and I am humbled to be here to help. It has been tough and stressful, but I know she is following her plan as it was meant to be accomplished.

Life is good and I am thankful. I am forever appreciative of your well wishes and positive vibes. May they return to you and yours.

Bless you all!

-- Chris

Thanks for the up date, hang in there, man, sounds like you are doing much better.

Banned

Thank you! I won't hang in there -- I'm gonna build a space ship and blastoff into outerspace and reach new heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Warheit View Post
    Thank you! I won't hang in there -- I'm gonna build a space ship and blastoff into outerspace and reach new heights.
    Well then it will be, "ground control to Major Tom"......LOL, just glad to hear you are on the mend.

That's wonderful news, W, and I'm glad it's all falling into place for you on all fronts.
    May good fortune continue to follow you in everything you do.

Nice to hear that things are working out for you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

glad things are going your way

Banned

Thanks ya'll. The only bummer is that I found out today that I am not eligible for the Peace Corps because of the chronic kidney condition. Didn't think I would be, since I wasn't able to do military after college, but oh well. I will make a difference elsewhere. It would have been nice to do that though because of my background and foreign language capacity and to help me with my grad school pursuits down the road.

Very best to you young man, it really sounds as if you have lot to share with this world, and will be very good at what ever you choose.

Sorry I'm getting into the conversation late but I do wish you continued health improvements.
    Last edited by Cajunlady87; 05-20-2012 at 06:48 PM.

If you want to make a difference there are a lot of avenues available and you don't have to leave home. Be a volunteer tutor. Donate time at a women's shelter, homeless shelter or food pantry. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. Be a volunteer at your local hospital, pet shelter, Boys and Girls Club, hospice or any local trails group. Just about every organization needs volunteers. Find a cause that you can embrace and go for it. You'll be home where your doctors are and still be making a difference.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If you want to make a difference there are a lot of avenues available and you don't have to leave home. Be a volunteer tutor. Donate time at a women's shelter, homeless shelter or food pantry. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. Be a volunteer at your local hospital, pet shelter, Boys and Girls Club, hospice or any local trails group. Just about every organization needs volunteers. Find a cause that you can embrace and go for it. You'll be home where your doctors are and still be making a difference.
    Definitely great ideas. I'm going through a lot of my old clothes and possessions I don't need and will be dropping them off at local churches and places where they can be given away to families in need. I will also donate to the Salvation Army as well. I am going to ask my grandparents if I can donate their canned goods they had stored up (as if the end of the world was coming) for a program the local Boy Scouts are doing to raise efforts to help the less fortunate in my town. I mean seriously, we probably have 250 canned goods at least that could go to help out. I'll keep some for me and my mom, but I know we can do a lot of good in that regard for other people.

And thank you all again.

If you have a VA Hospital near you don't forget they can use volunteers as well.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Some of the most rewarding volunteer work I have done was with the Special Olympics and participating in an after school tutoring program for both elementary and high school.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If you have a VA Hospital near you don't forget they can use volunteers as well.
    Ah, it is about 120 miles away. They do need volunteers though. My grandpa was there last August and they definitely could use more hands on deck. I will keep that in mind.