Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey there, sweden calling.

Default Hey there, sweden calling.

Hi there, My name is Mikael and I'm a 30 year old male from sweden.
    I stumbled across this forum while looking for likeminded people of any kind.
    The thing is, i have a plan.
    A plan to migrate out of here since I'm incredibly fed up with pretty much everything in life.
    And so i just started a Blog about the plans i have, and i figure since there has to be a crapload of people in here with insight etcetera, this would be a good forum to receive suggestions and ideas concerning this very plan of mine.

Regards: Mikael.

P.S. not sure what happened to my original post, but the text just dissapeared and i could not edit nor remove it?!
    Last edited by crashdive123; 05-11-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Removed Link

Hello. What happened to your first post (and your second) was that our anti-spam software flagged it. You cannot post a link to your site in the body of your post as that is considered spam. If you want to post your plan and get suggestions - cool.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

So i cannot link my blog here, the site where I'm gonna write everything then?

You have to write it here or else it will be deleted.
    --GiLLiGaNN--

Can he not link it in his signature line?
    Even the Dalai Lama had to bug out…

Quote Originally Posted by KhonHd View Post
    Can he not link it in his signature line?
    He can, but then he can never mention it. Since his goal is to live off the land in Canada for one or two years and then write a book, he might be better served asking what he wants to ask or searching for what he needs to find.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by biikuajet View Post
    So i cannot link my blog here, the site where I'm gonna write everything then?
    That is correct. As has been suggested by another member - you can include a link to your blog as your signature. Keep in mind if you do that, then you cannot make a post that refers people to your signature to find out x, y, or z. Since you seem to have quite a few questions about living in the wilds for a year or two, you may want to look around the site a bit. If you have questions - by all means ask.

Here's a few places to get you started.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ve-in-the-Wild

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...rio-Check-List

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...t-Really-Works

There is a lot to plan for if you are going to be successful.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome to WSF.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Hunter63, say, Hey and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, feels awesome, but about writing a book... I don't think I've mentioned anything about writing a book.
    Sure I COULD do it if i actually found a publisher to fund my endeavor to get there and purchase equipment.
    But the long term goal is in fact to get there and then to actually stay permanently, or at least for as long as i can.
    http://itwab.blogspot.se/2012/05/into-wild-and-back-again.html

Quote Originally Posted by biikuajet View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, feels awesome, but about writing a book... I don't think I've mentioned anything about writing a book.
    Sure I COULD do it if i actually found a publisher to fund my endeavor to get there and purchase equipment.
    But the long term goal is in fact to get there and then to actually stay permanently, or at least for as long as i can.
    I guess you forgot the part where you had posted a link to your site. Believe it or not, I actually went there and did some reading. From your site.......

The plan is as follows, make our way to Canada using a one way ticket.
    Getting as far away from civilization as we possibly can.
    Finding a good spot to actually make into our home.
    And then live of the land, and the land ONLY (including hunting animals of course).
    Spend AT LEAST 1-2 full year/s in the canadian wild while avoiding civilization completely.
    IF and WHEN we come back, release a book containing all the tales and pictures from our experiences in the wild.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I do know a spot that is 240 miles from the nearest road. It's abandoned now but it did have a cabin and in ground cooler. There was a natural stream with a waterfall nearby. The only way in is by cargo canoe, though. The last guy lasted about a year I think.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hello and welcome from North Texas
    Don't run, you'll only die tired!

hello & welcome

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Welcome to the forum.

My goodness, what an origional idea, we not had had anyone get fed up with "whatever" and decide to go to the wilderness and spend a year for almost a week!

Tell me now, why is the Canadian boreal forest better then the Sweedish boreal forest. It is the exact same climate zone at the same latitude that stretches in a circle around the northern hemisphere.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I do know a spot that is 240 miles from the nearest road. It's abandoned now but it did have a cabin and in ground cooler. There was a natural stream with a waterfall nearby. The only way in is by cargo canoe, though. The last guy lasted about a year I think.
    I hear tell that the last fella that lived there lives in Detroit now.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah. You can only take so much isolation and barefoot walking I guess. Personally, I would have stuck it out and moved the cabin into the cave by disassembling it and reusing the timbers. But hey, that's just me.

My bad, completely forgot that part, no need to be pissy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I guess you forgot the part where you had posted a link to your site. Believe it or not, I actually went there and did some reading. From your site.......

No it is not the most original idea, but why would it have to be?, it is something i want to do and that's it.
    Concerning the swedish boreal forest, yes it is the exact same climate, hence why i chose Canada, but as a major difference from Canada i can give you a little fact about sweden.
    The LONGEST stretch of uninhabited land in between setlements here is 45 kilometers, in other words 4.5 swedish miles.
    In other words we don't have the vast uninhabited and wild spaces that the Canadians do, you are bound to find concrete building at some point.

Edit: This is allso an idea I have been playing with for the last 12 years or so, quite long before it became "popular" to actually go "bushcrafting".

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

My goodness, what an origional idea, we not had had anyone get fed up with "whatever" and decide to go to the wilderness and spend a year for almost a week!

Tell me now, why is the Canadian boreal forest better then the Sweedish boreal forest. It is the exact same climate zone at the same latitude that stretches in a circle around the northern hemisphere.
    Last edited by biikuajet; 05-12-2012 at 07:33 AM.