Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a little belt pouch

Default Just a little belt pouch

Putting on my Sunday jeans on today, thought im would click a couple of pic's.

I wear this little leather knife pouch (from an earlier SAK) on my belt daily.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Small multi tool, (el-cheapo), but does come in handy...has LED flashlight on one side.....so I can leave the mini mag behing most days.
    Mini BIC
    Mini ferro rod, and striker.
    Wad of cotton balls stuffed into bottom....keeps stuff from sliding down, and works as tinder.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by hunter63; 05-21-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well that's cool. I didn't even know they made a mini BIC. It doesn't matter if the multi-tool is an el cheapo as long as it works. Thanks for posting.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Actually traded the Leatherman, and the Mini Mag lite in seperate pouches for this set up.....couldn't build a log cabin with the multi tool, but works for most everything I run across in a day.
    Old saying, "It still here because it works"

Have you ever noticed that the el cheapo tools hang around forever and the Snap-On or Craftsman tools get lost the first day?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Nice little compact kit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yes, had a el-cheapo 8ft tape, plastic case, was chrome plated over the plastic, couple of kinks in the tape, which cracked and would cut me.....but wouldn't die....finally tossed it and broke when it cut me the last time......
    It's a rule, cheap crap last forever..........

Cool little kit Hunter. I'm gonna make one of those! I hate carrying a bunch of stuff in my pockets except for a lighter and a folding knife!

Note when cutting down the ferro rod, with a hack saw to fit.....throws spark all over the place....keep flammable stuff out of the way......LOL

Swell way to find out what works as good tinder.....inside the garage or basement.

Oily rags...Oh snap!
    Gas can....Oh snap!
    Dust bunny...Oh snap!
    Front of your cotton shirt....Oh, snap!
    Front of your cotton pans....Oh, 911!

Don't for get the saw dust.........
    Don't use vice on re-loading bench......would be a major "Oh SHUT"!

I almost said sawdust but I really thought you might be cleaner than me. Yeah, sawdust.

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

nice, how about wrap a dab of ductape around the lighter and maybe some braided line and or snare wire. I always seem to need tape n string.

Ductape is probably my most common bandaid also. Just wad up a piece of tp and slap the ductape over it.

Looks like you get a lot in a little space there.

Thad.
    Thaddius Bickerton

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddius Bickerton View Post
    nice, how about wrap a dab of ductape around the lighter and maybe some braided line and or snare wire. I always seem to need tape n string.

Ductape is probably my most common bandaid also. Just wad up a piece of tp and slap the ductape over it.

Looks like you get a lot in a little space there.

Thad.
    LOL I agree on the duct tape I have some wrapped around my water bottles and also around my Zippo( the smaller 1" wide works well) seems I'm always getting the Zippo out and unravelling some tape for one reason or another.
    Semper Paratus

LOL, good ideas boys.....there is always something that needs adding.
    This has been around for a long time, with out the ferro rod/striker, that was a recent addition, but I really want to keep this one basic, so it will get worn everyday.

Bags get bigger, and bigger, than too big... and get left behind....
    Now the wallet does have a few more goodies, parabolic magnifier, bandages needed/thread, safety pins (mom's favorite, emergency fix for slivers, busted buttons, most any thing....)

Hunter63,

Great kit! I've got a slightly larger black nylon pouch, so am gonna make one pretty much like it. I like the idea of wrapping some duct tape around the lighter, stashing away a bit of fine wire, and squeezing a safety pin or two into the pouch. Mine will be rigged for horizontal carry slightly forward of my left hip pocket so it "blends in" a little better.

I even stumbled across the same multi-tool on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Tech-MFT...9519234&sr=8-1

I carry another, absolutely vital, survival tool on my key ring:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERBER-MICRO...item2c635c52f4

Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 06-12-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Those multi tools are not leathermans by any means, more of a one shot deal, or maybe two....but if you really want to use them, buy a good Mini Multi tool.
    I will say that unless you try to cut something too thick, it will bend.....but is still handy in a pinch.
    Now that I don't use it all day, everyday, this one works for me.

Danial, you need to show us what you come up with......Always searching for the "perfect kit"

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Those multi tools are not leathermans by any means, more of a one shot deal, or maybe two....but if you really want to use them, buy a good Mini Multi tool.
    I will say that unless you try to cut something too thick, it will bend.....but is still handy in a pinch.
    Yep, for eight bucks and change I didn't figure it was likely to give Gerber or Leatherman multi-tools much competition. I collect some Gerber fixed-blade knives, and also have several examples of their multi-tools. The earlier ones were branded as "Multi-Pliers", but it seems they've dropped that term.

I also couldn't pass up an interesting kit at Costco -- a Leatherman Wave multi-tool and a VERY bright 1-LED/1 AA battery flashlight, with a belt pouch that holds both. The pouch even has a back compartment under the flap that would probably hold a firesteel and a couple of other "flat" things. For my everyday carry, though, it doesn't rig well for horizontal carry (I'm typically in a white collar environment where, other than for a cell phone, things hanging obviously from the belt cause raised eyebrows), and its rather heavy.

Danial, you need to show us what you come up with......Always searching for the "perfect kit"
    Consider it done -- once its done, of course.

To fully appreciate that other "indispensible" item I carry on my key ring, its important to know my motto: "Inveni cervisia. Carpe cervisia. Aperi cervisia. Bibe cervisia." (Find the beer. Seize the beer. Open the beer. Drink the beer.)

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 06-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post
    ...................To fully appreciate that other "indispensible" item I carry on my key ring, its important to know my motto: "Inveni cervisia. Carpe cervisia. Aperi cervisia. Bibe cervisia." (Find the beer. Seize the beer. Open the beer. Drink the beer.)

-- Nighteyes
    I like it.....Ein Prosit!
    ziggy zaggy ziggy zaggy oi oi oi

I like it.....Ein Prosit!
    ziggy zaggy ziggy zaggy oi oi oi
    Since we Choctaws have a LOT in common with the Irish, Sláinte!

I bought a Rothco cammo ammo pouch that is going to make a great little kit. It has a belt loop, sticks glose to the hip, and has just enough room for a little ammo, and the basic essentials. I'll post a pic when I get it the way I want it. And it only cost about 8 dollars to boot. I even bought a Hunter63 limited edition cheapo multi tool just for this pouch