Thread: Morel Mushroom Growing Kits

Default Morel Mushroom Growing Kits

Anyone ever used one of these and was it worth the time and effort? I have always been curious about them.

Example: http://easygrowmushrooms.com/morel.shtml
    --GiLLiGaNN--

I have no experience with morel mushroom growing kits, but I'd be very cautious about a company that sells a product for $20 and then charges $12 to mail it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've not used it either but if it were that simple you'd be able to buy morels in the grocery store.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you mentioned it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I've not used it either but if it were that simple you'd be able to buy morels in the grocery store.
    And that's exactly what one of our grocery stores sell year around. They discovered a way to grow Morels commercially years ago. There were several head people involved who died under suspicious circumstances. (it'd make a great film!) As a result I can purchase a 6 oz. package of dried Morels anytime of the year for about 17 bucks! I hear, however, that the taste is no where near the ones you pick fresh off of the ground!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    There were several head people involved who died under suspicious circumstances.
    Is there a morel to this story? (Now that right there is funny I don't care who are. I slay myself.)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Ha, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    (Now that right there is funny I don't care who are. I slay myself.)
    We can only hope!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

LOL That answers my question... Thanks yall
    --GiLLiGaNN--

Total BS. Morels aren't cultivated. This book talks about theories and attempts at cultivation. http://www.amazon.com/Morels-Michael...6099322&sr=8-2

Some morels such as M. rufobrunea are saprobes and can be and have been cultivated. They have, however, traditionally not been even remotely close to productive enough to be cost effective. The kits available as of several years ago are still a rip.

you got some time; take a look through this thread : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/show...Number/9479734, which includes experimentation with mycorhizae.

I have a great respect for Mr. Kuo, but if his conclusion has been negative about advances in morel culture, he has not been paying attention.
    Last edited by canid; 05-04-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

if you try it let us know

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    Some morels such as M. rufobrunea are saprobes and can be and have been cultivated. They have, however, traditionally not been even remotely close to productive enough to be cost effective. The kits available as of several years ago are still a rip.

you got some time; take a look through this thread : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/show...Number/9479734, which includes experimentation with mycorhizae.

I have a great respect for Mr. Kuo, but if his conclusion has been negative about advances in morel culture, he has not been paying attention.
    Holy **** Canid!!! I didn't recognize your name untill just now, but I have talked to you on shroomery before! And if you look in the picture of the asparagus I cooked you can see Tom Browns wilderness survival book in the background on the table, small world, even on the net.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/show...29299#14229299
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; 05-04-2012 at 03:37 AM.

nice. small world indeed.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.