Thread: Lost my Griptillian, select my replacement

Default Lost my Griptillian, select my replacement

Lose my Griptillian in the bush. Don't ask, I don't know how it lifted off my belt either. Loved that knife... lightweight, axis grip, easy to take an edge... But I've been looking at the Buck Pro Vantage Force with the S30V steel. About the same price as a new Griptillian. What do you think?
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Do you use the knife for EDC or more bushcraft type of stuff, is you plan to use it for bushcraft I would prefer a fixed blade. I have never handled either of those knifes so I can't recommend one or the other, I carry a Ka-Bar Baconmaker on me all the time (not a big fan of the plastic scales but they are comfortable)
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

EDC hybrid. Moras and SRKs abound, need something in my pocket but also on the trail
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBushbaby View Post
    EDC hybrid. Moras and SRKs abound, need something in my pocket but also on the trail
    Gotcha.....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Cant go wrong with a Buck 110 folding hunter or the Buck 119 fixed blade.

I would avoid a clip point for the work I'd expect this knife to perform. Thanks though.

I have a Buck Woodsman, and it is one of my favorite knives. It holds a good edge, and isn't a huge knife, 4" blade I think. And if I lose it, they are not very expensive! I keep a folding lockblade in my backpack in case it comes out of the sheath and gets lost!