Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.62 X 39 ammunition

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If you are using a scope mounted on the dust cover a compact will work best.

When using a full sized scope mounted that way the ejected rounds bounce off the scope tube.

There are some very good compact scopes available at reasonable prices now.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    If you are using a scope mounted on the dust cover a compact will work best.

When using a full sized scope mounted that way the ejected rounds bounce off the scope tube.
    There is an aftermarket deflector for that, though the compact scopes are indeed the better bet.

My SKS ejected up and forward. The eyepiece of my "scout scope" (actually a cheap pistol scope mounted just a tad forward of the receiver) had a small chunk taken out of it by a piece of flying brass.

Banned

I appreciate the input on scopes a few of you have offered here. I am now looking at compact scopes but I was hoping to get some feedback on particular makes or models which people here have had either good or bad experiences with to help me make a better informed decision. If you were to go out and buy a compact scope tomorrow, what makes or models would make your final selection list.