Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you defend a retreat....Good question?

Banned

Careful of the trip wires.......

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraggSurvivor View Post
    Careful of the trip wires.......
    I'll put the wire cutter on the landing gear. or just slip it in, full flaps, door open.

You know whats gonna happen Hopeak. WE will be out there this week installing Hitler asparagus and barrage balloons.

(Bragg thinking to himself) Barrage balloons. Yeah.....
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have to wonder, "What do the night visitor to this form think" Most likely think I need a drink. Or O' boy the nightmares are going to be bad tonight. Or I better see Remy tomorrow.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Unless you spend your life under your bed you should realize that if a person with the ability and no regard for their own escape or personal safety is after you, you can be had. So relax and live a little because you can't do a darn thing about it. No offense intended but the man that talks about how secure or tough he is usually doesn't last very long. That's my opinion because us Rednecks are very peaceable.

Default or

he is extremley well trained and spent his life training and being trained by the best and oh ya he's probably always prepared(dang why does that sound so familiar)

City Survivalist Proud American's Avatar

I agree with the dont let people know. If they dont know that i have barrels of water,wheat and canned goods im not goin to have to worry. I live in the city and even if I had a full auto assualt rifle my home would still be over run. If you live an hour and a half from anyone why do you need a bunker. When problems happen and were all out of gas do you know how long it would tke for some one to walk to your house. Theres no way they can build a force large enoughf to get to your house and over run it. Also the way you guys are talkin you remind me of those Armeggedon people wich is scary. Bunkers completely useles, even as a bomb shelter cause ther goin to be droppin nuclear bombs on us. Also all laughfin and joking aside if you start stalkin to much the goverment does keep tabs on that sort of stuff.
    Proud American

Here lies my great advice from my years of experience......

Blog Entries

In a SHTF situation, 95% of your emergency personal will be brought in to the cities if there is a problem there (I said if there is a problem there), I personally would shoot any unknowns coming onto my property in a SHTF situation. Coming from a cop that sounds bad but if the government (federal, state, and local) has broke down then when you read my no trespassing signs it means NO TRESPASSING, the few that are with me will cover anyones attempt to rescue the half naked helpless woman, any movement around the woodline edge and their toast, she turns out to be a decoy and she's dead. A trench about 4 feet deep surrounding the main structure (house) slows down movement to the house, if the attackers go into the trench its a shoting gallery for hte defenders in the houses windows. Old cars rigge to explode by remote are another option for a wall there are a ton of options but will tey work?
    As far as atacking like Remy said, I sit back in a sniper hide and pick off anyone moving around the structure from 600 to 800 yards, if possible, it all depends on how well the structure is fortified. Personally I don't have a problem dropping someone if I preceive them a threat, in a SHTF situation everyone is a threat. Saying you'll kill someone is easier than doing it though.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Banned
    Blog Entries

O.K. Thank you, I think I now understand retreat security. If I have Crazy Coot on one side, Crazy Wareagle on the otherside, Crazy Boewulf infront, I need another crazy for the back. Now I have Crazy "HOPEAK" fully flanked by other crazies. Now I understand Birds of a feather flock together. Not to sure about flocking with wareagle. Might have to move him and his tunnels to the outer edge. So it is just like chess.

Working on plan: "B" Have a sign made that says, "at the end of this private drive is a crazy person" and he knows Wareagle.

Hopeak,iI'll flock with WarEagle,no problem.Sure there are a few more on here who wouldn't have to think twice about it as well. Check mate.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

My sign says one of my cans of food has been poisoned. They just lower their rifles, kick chat and keep walkin'.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

My sign says: Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again!
    On my house it says: This Home protected by Smith & Wesson, and my my bumper sticker says: Keep Honking Azzhole I'm reloading.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I better move Boewulf out past WarEagle. This flocking thing might not work. Could put Nell between Boewulf and WarEagle,

Blog Entries

I think we would all make one heck of a survival town

She gets that close she'll wander over to Trax's then we'll never see either one again.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-25-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Hey,even I know there is a time for work,and time for...........play

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    I think we would all make one heck of a survival town
    I have been working on a plan. It started with the SPUD thread. And I asked my self, self are you paying attention, hey self. Any way what would be the perfect layout?

Think wagon wheels, the old spoke wooden wheels. You could lay out a county or large area with many wagon wheels.

The center of the hub is a large courtyard, in old Mexico towns they have the town square. Kinda like that. The courtyard is common property. You buy and own the land between the spokes to the outside rim. Your home is built around the courtyard looking out over your land. This way your back is protected, your flank is protected. and your job is to work your garden, work your fields, and defend your pie shaped area.

There could be as few as five spokes. Four might work.

Normal thinking is the Northern Idaho idea, have a large chunk of land, put the cabin/retreat near the center.

My plan you take 100 acres and divide by five pie shaped tracks and everyone has twenty defensible acres.

You could have the water well in the courtyard.

You could do this with 10 acres or 1000 acres.

You could have school and play ground in the courtyard. If one owner is attacked from across his field, He just yells out the back window, or rings a bell, and half of the others run to his aid......

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    I have been working on a plan. It started with the SPUD thread. And I asked my self, self are you paying attention, hey self. Any way what would be the perfect layout?

Think wagon wheels, the old spoke wooden wheels. You could lay out a county or large area with many wagon wheels.

The center of the hub is a large courtyard, in old Mexico towns they have the town square. Kinda like that. The courtyard is common property. You buy and own the land between the spokes to the outside rim. Your home is built around the courtyard looking out over your land. This way your back is protected, your flank is protected. and your job is to work your garden, work your fields, and defend your pie shaped area.

There could be as few as five spokes. Four might work.

Normal thinking is the Northern Idaho idea, have a large chunk of land, put the cabin/retreat near the center.

My plan you take 100 acres and divide by five pie shaped tracks and everyone has twenty defensible acres.

You could have the water well in the courtyard.

You could do this with 10 acres or 1000 acres.

You could have school and play ground in the courtyard. If one owner is attacked from across his field, He just yells out the back window, or rings a bell, and half of the others run to his aid......
    Yea,but who are you going to invite to your wagon wheel?? People you know,or people you JUST met on a forum??

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

In armored warfare it's call "coiling". It's used when enemy contact is not expected but is possible. Bringing the wagons in a circle just as you describe to protect the infantry, HQ, medical or other non-combat groups.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nell, I guess I was thinking of a better way to sub-divide land in general. People could even do what is called resubdivide. A better way to live.