Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Accused of Plotting to Blow Up Cleveland Bridge

Default 5 Accused of Plotting to Blow Up Cleveland Bridge

"...to protest corporate America and the U.S. government..."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...lot/54661638/1

If they are guilty......

How does one person, let alone 5, come to the conclusion that such a treasonous, asinine and senseless act is somehow okay? That the killing of innocent people (children included) is perfectly acceptable to make a statement?

Cowards such as this actually deserve a firing squad but that would be "cruel". Blowing up someone crossing that bridge apparently isn't.

No soap box or anger on this one. Just the belief that I would be happy to stand armed against those that believe this is acceptable. Not in my country it's not. I'll bet they don't even vote.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Someone should have told them to shave and shampoo, first impressions are hard to overcome.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Honestly, I believe treason charges need to be expanded in this country. A panel of civil judges would decide whether an act is treason, then its handed over to military courts because once determined to be treasonous, you lose citizenship rights and are treated as a militant enemy of the state. Guilty verdicts pretty much mean you are executed. I would include in this not only attempts of violence against this country, but also theft of taxpayer money by all elected officials and other similar acts.

I dont know Rick, it is almost impossible to comprehend what thought process would motivate someone to do that. At least when the alqueda terrorists blow something up, in a lot of cases they also blow themselves! At least they do something right!

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    Honestly, I believe treason charges need to be expanded in this country. A panel of civil judges would decide whether an act is treason, then its handed over to military courts because once determined to be treasonous, you lose citizenship rights and are treated as a militant enemy of the state.
    Not quite the way it works. In the United States treason is tried in Federal or State courts (depending on the jurisdiction), unless the defendant was in the armed services at the time of the alleged treasonous act(s).

One can only "lose citizenship rights" AFTER being convicted. Merely charging someone with treason is not sufficient. But of course, this whole war on terror has muddied up the water considerably.

It's things like this that remind me of a quote by one of America's most brilliant minds. "You can't fix stupid".
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Them is some rough lookin' critters!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    It's things like this that remind me of a quote by one of America's most brilliant minds. "You can't fix stupid".
    It's a good thing they are stupid......ya know what I mean?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

unfortunately there have been inbred dumba** like this throughout or history. Never could figure out their line of logic.

Rick: flip you for it " I would be happy to stand armed against those that believe this is acceptable. Not in my country it's not."
    Last edited by Pal334; 05-01-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: forgot quote
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    unfortunately there have been inbred dumba** like this throughout or history. Never could figure out their line of logic.

Rick: flip you for it " I would be happy to stand armed against those that believe this is acceptable. Not in my country it's not."
    I'd be happy to stand unarmed toe to toe with all 5 of them. I was in Cleveland a week ago.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

You came this close to having a stick of dynamite under your as....oh look, butterflies.

If someone gave you C4 wouldn't you at least test it before you tried to blow up something?

Man in $1000 suit and dark sunglasses: "Here's some C4. Go blow some stuff up."
    Goober: "Golly thanks. Say.....you're not a government agent now are you?"
    Man in $1000 suit and dark sunglasses: "Me? Do I look like a government agent?"
    Both men laugh.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You came this close to having a stick of dynamite under your as....oh look, butterflies.

If someone gave you C4 wouldn't you at least test it before you tried to blow up something?

Man in $1000 suit and dark sunglasses: "Here's some C4. Go blow some stuff up."
    Goober: "Golly thanks. Say.....you're not a government agent now are you?"
    Man in $1000 suit and dark sunglasses: "Me? Do I look like a government agent?"
    Both men laugh.
    Yeah, kinda like they watched one too many episodes of burn notice!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

They are probably going to be upset when they find out that "C4" was actually Play-Doh. The red color should have been a clue.

I think those guys were actually from Indiana, they just look like Hoosiers to me

I guess it's your story so you can tell any way you want but the article said OHIO. 'nuff said.

Surprising that they couldn't pull it off. They look like such an intelligent and capable group
    Go Dawgs

So they were drought down by undercover agents....as it seem most all that get caught do....makes ya wonder how many under cover agents are around?

Buddy of mine had a Quick Mart gas station, and I stopped by to visit....big scruffy biker dude, was paying for gas for an old Oldsmobile, ghetto sled....guy left and I guess I was looking funny at himas he left.....so my buddy says, "He's ATF....they have an account here".....?????
    So much for under cover?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That's pretty funny. My step brother's SIL is undercover with the Illinois State Police. He has this perfect LEO haircut. Tall kid about 200lbs and pretty lean. Looks like a cop is supposed to look. I asked him how he pulls it off looking the way he does. He just shrugged and said, "I tell them I'm ex military." Whatever works I guess but if he walked into my house there would be all kinds of bells and whistles going off.

The eyes -- its always the eyes that tell the tale.

Is it just me or do those boys look like they belong on the Confederate side of the line down around Fredricksburg? I'll bet you money it was them boys that tried to blow up Burnside's pontoon bridges across the Rappahannock! Sure it was. Dang Rebels.