Thread: sometimes it's the simple things

Default sometimes it's the simple things

I found a hook in my junk. Been wanting to install a latch on my door so it could be latched in the open position.

I had the hook but no staples. Took a big ole nail and made two staples with the forge. In a self reliant primitive living situation a forge and tools would be indispensable .Anyhoo sometimes it's the simple.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Don't have a pic....but I had to take a 2-1/2 in screen door hook, cut down and re-bend...(vise and vise grips...no forge)... and make a 1-3/4 hook for the screen door at "The Place".

Didn't feel like driving to town ....and good thing I didn't ....they didn't have that size I needed anyway......LOL
    Now when I did find them bought two....JIC....like I'll ever need that size again....

If you don't have the hardware....but have the where-with-all to make it.....
    Priceless
    Last edited by hunter63; 11-02-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: splin.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The ability to think creatively and make things are always invaluable skills to have.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i think that,s what really makes the fourm so enjoyable is it,s members ability to think outside the box.
    it,s that common trait i feel we share that makes us unique in todays society. that ability to help one persevere
    and overcome the challenges we face in life and to share our thoughts and ideas with other members.
    like if i don,t know something crash or kyratshoot or someone else too many too mention here or id be here all night.lol
    i even know some stuff too a little anyhow and am willing to share as well. that there is the fourm pretty much in a nut shell.