Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: driving a well point

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well guy says ours will have to be deeper than I expected. He's gonna bring the drill.

When joining the pipes with the drive couplings be sure to use a good pipe dope on the threads. Lots of armstrong on the wrenches too. If you wish to use a shallow well pump just hooked to the top of the pipe you do not want or need air leaks.
    Ralph
    Retired after 50 years of plumbing and heating.

I hit something really hard at about 13 feet. Moved over and tried two more time and still hit something at 13 feet. Not sure what my next plan of action is.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Probably the city water line..............
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Surprised you haven't hit rock ...? From the looks of the terrain around your cabin I would say it's located in the mountains. Hope you all the luck in the world...!

It could just be hard pan .... feels like rock ...just beat on it a while if you don't break through after some serious waling you may have solid rock and it's time for looking for a spring near by...?

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Your Ground View Post
    It could just be hard pan .... feels like rock ...just beat on it a while if you don't break through after some serious waling you may have solid rock and it's time for looking for a spring near by...?
    Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome......
    There is a intro section at:
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions

BTW,... Randyt what ever happened with the point?...as your last post on this subject was 2/09/2014.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I hit something at 13 feet so I made up a drill from leaf spring. This was welded onto a long pipe. I used a trash pump to pump down the pipe and up a casing into a trough and back down the pipe. The water flushed the cuttings up the casing. to run it I would pound it up and down, got down a couple extra feet and the darn thing broke off. That put me out of business and I think that darn well tore up my shoulder. Been thinking about digging a indian well next to my pond.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I think it's hard pan

Yeah sounds like it.....
    When I pounded my "stock well"....started in the end ravine next to the lower field.......Farmer neighbor, I had borrowed his hand drill.....says, "Don't start there, filled with "scree" and stuff washed down the ridge......move over to the side."

Hit water about 12 ft, then a hard gravel layer at about 20 ft...and went to 27 ft of pipe....and a 4 ft point.
    Looking at the river looks like that gravel layer is even with the river bead......and in line with the curve in the river.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27