Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sixth Sense

Default Sixth Sense

recently i have seen and heard a lot about the 'sixth sense' alot of people say only some people have a 'sixth sense' but personally i think that everyone has a sixth sense just alot of people dont relize it but i also think that someones sixth sense relies alot on the person so ive decided to come up with a list of the diffent factors that can play a role in it and post it.
    Envirment
    Personaltly
    Specal Talents[ art,cooking,etc.]
    Where the person feels most comformble at
    How the person spends there free time
    Where they spend the most time

and there are probley many more then these but this is just what i can up with for now. and please remeber this is my PERSONAL OPION
    Courage is the discovery that you may not win,and trying when you know you can lose.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Fightergirl, I believe that as you go through life you will find that the 6th sense is a combination of the hightened use of the 5 you know you have.

Under extreme situations I have heard things it should be impossible to hear, smelled things that were way far off and noted a slight change in the color of disturbed grass or the glint off a bunny's eye in the shadows of a bush that my eyes really were not good enough to see. Everyone that spends any time in the bush has had the same happen.

There is also the additional thing I can only call "the creeps", when the hair stands up on the back of your neck and you simply KNOW there is something going on around you. Generally "the creeps" result from the 5 sense triggers. It just happens so fast one does not remember there was a trigger before the creepy feeling goes into effect.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Just as kyratshooter said, your mind is stronger than you think.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Here's a cool yet scary "sixth sense" story for you. Last fall a friend of mine went out to Alberta elk hunting with some other friends that live out there. On the third day of the hunt they were returning to the truck after an unsuccssful morning when they came upon another hunter who was visibly shaken and very upset.
    He was quite a bit younger than them and was bow hunting small game alone. This is what happened to him.....he had been hunting for about an hour, and hadn't seen anything so he decided to head back to his truck, grab some lunch, and then try another road in the afternoon. After about 20 minutes of walkiing and looking out for either rabbits or grouse he suddenly got a very uneasy feeling like something was watching him, in fact he said the hair on the back of his neck started to tingle and stand up.
    He turned to look behind him and not 30 feet away was a fully grown mountain lion stalking him. He turned and confronted the cat which crouched down, sort of growled/hissed at him and laid it's ears flat back. He started backing away and the cat crept towards him like a house cat stalking a bird in the yard. He dropped the small game arrow and pulled a broadhead tipped arrow from his quiver, knocked it drew back and released it in one motion. He hit the cat because he saw it jump and heard it react to the shot, but he had no idea where he hit it, then he just turned and ran as fast as he could straight back to his truck. He didn't look back until he got there, the cat was no where to be seen. About 5 minutes later my buddy Scott and his friends came upon him, and he told them the story. Armed with rifles they all headed back down the road to the scene of the confrontation. When they got there they found lots of blood where the cat had been hit, and two of them followed the blood trail into the bush just in case the cat was wounded and needed to be finished off.
    The others went back to the kids truck to call the local conservation officer. They followed the blood trail through the bush until they finally came upon the cat which had died due to it's injury from the arrow. The kid had hit it in the neck, where it entered the chest cavity. The scary thing is that they found it about 5 feet from the kids truck, it had chased him back to his truck, parallelling him through the bush as he ran. One very lucky young man, his "sixth sense" saved his life. The cat measured almost 9 feet from nose to the tip of it's tail, and weighed 187lbs.

I have a sixth sense that always tells me when Rick is going to jack a thread, everytime I post one

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well God bless those pigmy moderators in Indiana

You mean the ones that have the power to edit?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

I believe that the "sixth sense" ia another example of paranormal abilities like precognition and "mind reading". Some people have stronger paranormal abilities than others do naturally and others are able, by study and practice, to improve their abilities. The key to developing those abilities is to "believe" and act on things like "sixth sense".

I just trust my "gut"....never fails me.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I have a sixth sense that always tells me when Rick is going to jack a thread, everytime I post one
    i think we all have that 1......
    Courage is the discovery that you may not win,and trying when you know you can lose.

I have paranormal abilities. I can taste and I can smell. I can't hear worth a dang and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Otherwise I would have fournormal abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdive
    You mean the ones that have the power to edit?
    ...and the power to ban!

I know what you mean on the sixth sense. It's that feeling you get with the hair on the back of you neck feels funny and you know something is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I have a 6th sense that tells me when Rick is going to post about his h......wait...I better stop there!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I believe in a 6th sense to a point. I think that when you spend enough time in a given environment, you understand things that you can't explain. Furthermore, you know how to act or react to those things accordingly to a specific situation.

I might suggest just the opposite. We might let our guard down a bit more in a familiar environment while being "on alert" in an unfamiliar environment.

Our ability to detect danger is inherent in all of us. Some more so than others. On the plains, the ones that couldn't detect danger very well were called "dinner" and didn't pass their genes along. Today we call them victims. To be sure not every danger can be detected (head on collision with a drunk) but many can. I think our greater challenge is to remain vigilant even in comfortable surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I might suggest just the opposite. We might let our guard down a bit more in a familiar environment while being "on alert" in an unfamiliar environment.

Our ability to detect danger is inherent in all of us. Some more so than others. On the plains, the ones that couldn't detect danger very well were called "dinner" and didn't pass their genes along. Today we call them victims. To be sure not every danger can be detected (head on collision with a drunk) but many can. I think our greater challenge is to remain vigilant even in comfortable surroundings.
    I agree with that. When I talked about a fimiliar environment, I meant that you can tell something just isn't right. You wouldn't know it either unless you were familiar with it. Working security in the heart of a troubled city, I can tell when something is going on. Sometimes lights on or off, a car parked in a different area, even attitudes of the staff themselves.