Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended Field Gear

MSR Pocket Rocket, I did a video last weekend about mine, its a powerhouse!

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Maybe it's just me but I have this aversion to any type of stove burner that sets directly on top of the fuel source. The original Hank Roberts Mini Stove used to do something like that, but they changed it by adding a hose that goes to the fuel canister, distancing it from the burner and subsequent flame.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Well, since heat rises.......Actually, the base of the stove doesn't get hot. There's enough distance and enough air flow feeding the fire that the canister is protected. Not really any different than a Coleman lantern if you think about it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Jimmy - Here's a super cheap tool for the MSR. I keep it taped to the outside of my plastic stove holder.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...et+rocket+tool
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trail Blazer Sawvivor Saw

One of my favorite tools that I bring with me when ever I can. Super light weight and very durable, the best folding saw I know of.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

http://www.campmor.com/trailblazer-sawvivor-saw.shtml
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

My MechanicMike alcohol stove! LOVE IT LOVE IT!

tjgear_3617_111605_16188.jpg

Ive tried to build one a few times with limited success, this guy makes them like a pro and cost $8!

http://stores.ebay.com/Thru-Hikers-C...eNameZl4QQtZkm

I have a Fiskers folding/locking saw, this thing is AGGRESSIVE! $12 at WalMart. It locks closed & locks open. I like this design better than the sliding blade type, and works great! Its very light weight, and pretty heavy duty... Ive used the snot out of mine and theres no damage to the handle nor any play in the pivot.

9368.jpg

FISKERS POWER TOOTH SAW

Not gear, but rather juice of the Gods... You make a cup o Joe like you would tea. If you leave the bag in too long its really really strong. I normally dunk my bag 5 or 6 times and have a perfect cup of life juice.

coffee-folgers-classicroast-singles-regular-box.jpg

Taste WAY BETTER than instant coffee crystals.