Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cliff bars

Default Cliff bars

Here a while back we were referencing Cliff Bars.
    On a trip to Sam's club in La., found a box of 24 Cliff bars, assorted, for like $14 bucks....so I thought I would try them.

To me they seem pretty plain, but are supposed to be for energy.....So I guess they will be OK to pack a couple in the BOB's.

Thoughts?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

There are a couple of things I really like about them. First, they are all natural. Second, they are 70% organic and finally, they are high fiber. I enjoy the flavor but like the benefits a lot more. They help build your blood sugar slowly and hold there for a longer time than something like trail mix would.

What flavor did you get?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There are three different kinds...Chocolate Chip, Crunchy Peanut Butter. and Chocolate Chip/Peanut Butter Crunch...all pretty good and will fill ya up.

I'm kinda partial to the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut and the Peanut Butter Crunch. I had a Peanut Butter Crunch this evening after dinner. That's my desert.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

These have been the first ones I've seen....So will try them out.

I like the oatmeal raisin walnut, black cherry almond, and chocolate brownie. Always take them when hunting and fishing.

The White Chocolate Macadamia Nut is the bomb! That's about the only one I really like, though. I don't think they're much better for you as a granola bar and not as tasty. Both give you mostly carbs.

Just depends on what the granola bar is made of I guess. Whether it's natural ingredients or not. I like the chewy texture rather than the crunchy texture of a granola bar but there are some granola bars that are chewy and some folks like the crunchy.

I was thinking that these would bea good 'stash" snack, but looks like they have a fairly short shelf life.......like one year.
    The box I bought say best before Oct, '12....so I thinking maybe 2 years?

I'm bad about leaving stuff in my hunting coats, fanny packs and BOB for a length of time (?)...but I guess this isn't one of them.

I haven't seen the Cliff bars in this area. I do use some fruit bars when I'm out that I buy locally. They are a oatmeal based soft baked bar filled with apple,blueberry or cherry that have great taste and a good texture. A couple of these will get you going again. They are made by a company named Freshleys. More for taking the edge off of hunger rather then filling you up. Will keep looking for the Cliff bars though. Want to give them a try.

Oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

I hadn't seen Clif bars here in WI had to go to La to see some....so I just thought I would try them....

If you have a Krogers in your area they stock them in the health food section.

I normally pick up a couple for hunting season. Works well to re-up after a longer walk.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

I like the Cliff Bars along with Met-RX Big 100's and Hooah Bars.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Closest Krogers is in Marshall.( Some 25 miles off) We do make a trip there every once in awhile though. So will check it out next time we're up that way. Thankyou Rick for the heads up. Kroger isn't a regular stop.

Oldtrap

If you can't find them locally, you can order them from Amazon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'll check Kroger first. If they don't have them I'll check Amazon. Thanks Crash.

Oldtrap

Banned

The original Clif bars taste fine to me and have served well out on hikes. Great variety of flavors and the chewiness is pretty awesome. On the other hand, the crunchy granola ones taste like garbage.

Those are Cliff Crunch. I'm not a fan of granola bars. I just don't like the crunchy texture.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrap59 View Post
    Closest Krogers is in Marshall.( Some 25 miles off) We do make a trip there every once in awhile though. So will check it out next time we're up that way. Thankyou Rick for the heads up. Kroger isn't a regular stop.

Oldtrap
    Marshall isn't too far from Shreveport, La......Got mine at a Sam's club store in Shreveport, south side.