Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: All Metal Canteen

My wife says, weren't you suppose to do to X on the list. My reply, "That's your list. I have X to do on my list, thank you very much. I am looking for an NG3631 times 4. It's rare but worth a lot of money if I can find it." I get about 10 seconds of "the stare", which loosely translates to you are so full of chut then she just walks off. That's success, right? I win don't I? Don't I?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

As cheap as they are, could you make a stove out of another canteen? Just like the army canteen cup stove?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

That wouldn't be any fun. Then I wouldn't have endless of hours of scouring through every nook and cranny on the internet looking for them. Besides, I have plenty of stoves. I just don't have THOSE stoves. Now, if you'll excuse me. I must do a Dogpile Search.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The quest, the quest.....It's about the quest.
    I have been looking for a #1 Dazey butter churn jar....and when I go into a junk store, antique store or what ever, and they say "Can I help you?"......I just tell them what I'm looking for,......they just say no,....and I go and browse.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have the same problem with a flower flute from a Cambridge Arms Centerpiece. I've been looking for years. Lot's of almosts but no 'zactlys.

It is kinda funny when you find a complete churn, and it has the wrong jar (real ones are marked right into the glass with the name and number)....and they want $175 bucks for it....and you tell them, "Hey this isn't the real jar".....and they play dumb....."yeah, well, ah, well...."......But it beats just saying "No, I'm just looking......."
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    My wife says, weren't you suppose to do to X on the list. My reply, "That's your list. I have X to do on my list, thank you very much. I am looking for an NG3631 times 4. It's rare but worth a lot of money if I can find it." I get about 10 seconds of "the stare", which loosely translates to you are so full of chut then she just walks off. That's success, right? I win don't I? Don't I?
    [<Grin!>] It depends on where you got to sleep that night. My German Shepherd lives in a two-story, air-conditioned dog house. She installed wall-to-wall carpets and a flatscreen TV in her guest room.

Hahahahaha
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.