Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: All Metal Canteen

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There are benefits to being partially deaf. You can hear what you partially want to hear or not.
    'Tis called "selective deafness." Its a distressingly common condition among children, spouses and pets.

I've told this before but what the heck. When I first started having problems my wife kept saying you never listen to me. Blah, blah, blah. I mean she says important stuff. I finally went and had the old hearing test done and it turned out I'm deaf from mid range up. Right where a woman's voice is. First, thank you, God. I mean, bummer. Second, I told the doctor I wanted a print out of the graph as proof because my wife is never going to believe me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I find the that the non-commital grunt serves me well....and if I get caught up in it...just say, "yeah, you are right"......."Yes, dear" just makes her mad for some reason....????

Oh yeah, BTW.....I was gonna wash them in the sink....I guess she had someting going on....so she just said..."Oh leave them there, I'll do it when I wash dishes....( that's my girl...heh, heh, heh)
    Last edited by hunter63; 05-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I've told this before but what the heck. When I first started having problems my wife kept saying you never listen to me. Blah, blah, blah. I mean she says important stuff. I finally went and had the old hearing test done and it turned out I'm deaf from mid range up. Right where a woman's voice is. First, thank you, God. I mean, bummer. Second, I told the doctor I wanted a print out of the graph as proof because my wife is never going to believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I guess she had someting going on....so she just said..."Oh leave them there, I'll do it when I wash dishes....( that's my girl...heh, heh, heh)
    And if you believe THAT, bruddah, you're in worse shape than I thought...

The reason American Indian cultures continue to thrive to this very day and time, you see, is that American Indian males have long recognized who's really in charge of day-to-day living. War-cries, and war-ponies, and war-clubs, and war-knives and -arrows aside, its the WOMEN who ensure the survival of the species/culture/people over the long haul.

All we males do is expend our lives defending it. (We also do our part in creating life, but that's just at the beginning...)

This may be too radical a concept for folks to accept, at least all at once. If so, my apologies...

Regards,

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 05-03-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Well, theya re done bing washed, so I guess I better 'put them somewhere"....and not press my luck...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Well, they're re done being washed, so I guess I better 'put them somewhere"....and not press my luck...LOL
    Good point!

I'm pretty certain General Eisenhower and even President Harry Truman responded with, "Yes, Dear."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The thing about "yes dear" is that you gotta say it like you mean it.
    Otherwise it's a demerit. JMHO, of course.

One of the things I do at work is physicals for people applying for truck driving jobs. Part of the test is to stand 5 feet from a driver and whisper, "Can you hear this?" So last week I had this guy and I whispered "Can you hear this?" and he whispered back "Yeah. Don't tell my wife."

Now that right there is funny. I don't care who you are.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There are benefits to being partially deaf. You can hear what you partially want to hear or not.
    Most men are deaf in the right ear.
    Has to do with driving I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    The thing about "yes dear" is that you gotta say it like you mean it.
    Otherwise it's a demerit. JMHO, of course.
    Real close.....You are correct.....

The four rules for guys are:...Or How not to lose 1/2 your stuff every 10 years.

1) First thing in the morning, tell her you love her and mean it.
    2) Say "I'm sorry.....doesn't matter if you did anything or not, you will....
    3) Use 'Your are right/correct"....better than "Yes dear" not just a dismissal....
    4) Non-committal grunt.....useful in ALL other situations .....uaaagh?

Just a FYI.....The canteen cup and pouch will hold 2 bottles of water, if you don't like the taste of alumium kept water....tried it today......
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Not a bad deal for $4 bucks, Thanks Rick.

Grrrr. You got the 4 snap covers!!!! That will hold the French stove if you can find it. I only received the 2 snap covers. I guess you're just 2 snaps better than me. snap, snap. (sigh).

Yeah, but just got one....and they kinda wanted to shrink, when washed, so I packed them wet, stretched them and let em dry.
    El-cheapo brass brushes on the Dremel work well for remove some grunge on one of the cups.

I did the same thing. They must be cotton or something. I washed them and dried them then tried to put the canteens in. No go. I had to wet them, stretch a bit and then let them dry on the canteen. Shoulda known it was gonna do that.

So you find any stoves to fit, yet?

Nope. Nadda. I had a couple of generous offers from members on here but I declined. The quest is half the fun for me. Besides, with only the two snap covers they won't fit inside.

I have to agree about the quest....gives ya some to think about in the morning....instead of those pesky chores.