Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lost my leatherman

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    I have found that in my trade there are lots of guys with 25 (must be a magic number) years of experience. Employment can be verified. My best guess is that it's one year experience 25 times in a row. A challenge for me is my demographic, there's not a large labor pool here. It's home so I make the best of it.
    There is a whole lot of truth to that statement, LOL.

So, tell me would you hire a young man with a blue mohawk haircut?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

No I wouldn't hire a young man with a Mohawk, he may be a great guy but first impressions are important in the service business. Any local that comes in I know or know of. It's the folks from out of town that come in.

My lab partner on HVAC school was a young guy, with a blue mohawk, and piercings everywhere.....was really good at shop work, as well as the books.
    He did kinda brag about his grades, i kept my mouth shut, till the day we were out doing a heat load estimation on a cold day.

Went off on him a bit, "You dumas...how in the heck (or word similar), do you expect to get a job, (supposed to be the goal), when you look like a peacock, and don't have a even a jacket on a cold day"?

By the end of the semester he had grown out his hair and was backing off the piercing.....I wasn't the first one to bring up the decorations.
    Gramma isn't gonna let you in when you show up to fix her furnace when you look like that.

It was intresting as I had no problems getting hired, as I was older, and "Looked" like I knew what I was doing.....LOL, Fake it till you make it, keep you mouth shut, watch and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    What do you think happened? Here's the story. two of us were working on a job the other day and I noticed I didn't have my leatherman after using it prior. I asked the guy in the crawlspace to take a look, thinking it had slipped out of my hoodie pocket like my phone had. He didn't see it. Anyhoo I searched for a hour and after leaving for the day I came back and searched for a hour and a half. It's a tiny little job site, not like there is a gazzilion places this knife could have been.

Yesterday we got done early. It's been a challenge to get 40 hours in these days, just not enough work. The fella I'm working with says we have time to go look for that knife so we did. I walked up on the porch to unlock the door and looked to the right and there it was laying on the porch railing with the phillips bit out. It wasn't there the day before, I know this for sure I went over every area I worked in inch by inch. This is a empty house. I am puzzled about the phillips bit. I told my guy that I had used it to pull some phillips screws from a bosch water heater.But actually had the flat tip out the last time I used it. He lives a couple hundreds yards from the jobs site.

I don't like being cynical but for some reason it feels like some funny business went on.
    I think you have met the Leatherman Poltergeist that prays on Leatherman owners when they hang out at old houses

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    There is a whole lot of truth to that statement, LOL.

So, tell me would you hire a young man with a blue mohawk haircut?
    This is why I like being self employed. Most days I'm Husky athletic shorts, a Husky T-shirt, boots and a really sexy camo cowboy hat. I just shaved off my 3 inch beard.
    Go Dawgs

Yeah, me too. I'm Husky pretty much year 'round. Huskier 'round the holidays, though.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    I work with 130 associates, while their might be and probably is those that would steal from me. There is also a certain level of respect that is attained by being the same rigid SOB everyday. For the one that stole from me there would be 12 telling me who did it.
    Sorry, I was trying to make a joke. When I work alone, at home, I am always misplacing tools. I put something down, then forget where the heck it is. Anyways,........carry on
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I got it. I would have laughed but it hit too close to home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I missed it....I was looking for that screwdriver I set down someplace.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Not me, I feed my family with my tools and it concerns me when one comes up missing. I know where my tools are but it throws a monkey wrench in the works when somebody uses them or moves them.

Please come talk to my wife. The right place for a tool is where she lays it down. Not where she got it. Aaaarggggh!

When the kids were small, I used to have to cut the grass, then pick up all the tools that the mower picked up and tossed up against the house....and now I am just forgetful.

I can be a little forgetful too but there are certain tools that will not be forgot . My leatherman is one and then there's a few tools handed down to me from my mentors.

There are two things you don't mess with.....my wife and my leatherman. The Leatherman poltergeist is a good one. lol
    No Retreat, No Surrender