Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is "Good" - P95 Ruger

Here you go, KY. Never let it be said that I did help you keep the roving hordes at bay.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG428-36.html
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

He just dropped the price to $200 and I pay the transfer fee
    Go Dawgs

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Here you go, KY. Never let it be said that I did help you keep the roving hordes at bay.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG428-36.html
    That thing would stick out way to far below the grip! The 20 round model only hangs down about an inch and I can handle that.

Makes me wonder how many rounds my Tarus OSS would hold with an inch more magazine. It would be nice to have a .45 with 16-17 round capacity.

RPWP, you better jump on that pistol!

At $200 you are $115 under the best price on the internet for that gun.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I have a Springfield XD .45 service model that holds 13+1. I added an after market mag extension that gives me 1 additional so I have 14+1. Well, I did have before the great canoe accident of 2010. Lost all my weapons and ammo. That's pretty close to your wants.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPreppersWearPurple View Post
    He just dropped the price to $200 and I pay the transfer fee
    Shut up and buy that gun

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Shut up and buy that gun
    Yep, agreed.

There comes a time when you stop dealing and jump the shark. There are also deals that you simply do not pass up. The rent can be due, the car payment can be due, the kid needs braces on his teeth and the wife is in full blown PMS but you have to sell blood, pawn the wedding band or sell your left kindey cause you will never get another deal like that!

I got in an auction a couple of weeks ago and missed out on a CZ75 because I failed to snipe my intended last price and got beaten out by $5. A CZ 75 sold out from under me for $215. I had intended to punch in $225 as my last price and mistakenly hit $210. The other guy got it for $215. I am still kicking myself for that mistake. I did not need the gun, I did not need to spend the money, but I could not pass up the deal and would have eaten generic Cherrios for the rest of the month to get it.

If you do not want that P95 put me in contact with the seller and I will snap it up in a heartbeat! Yep I just bought one, but I know I can turn a profit on the pistol at that price. Who sells a pistol on a backpacking forum? Those guys have to debate over wheather carrying an SAK is safe. Perhaps the guy scared himself when he pulled the trigger the first time.

It's all about the deal.....need has nothing to do with it.....Go for it NOW.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm getting it. I just have to wait for him to get off work
    Go Dawgs

I'm getting it. I just have to wait for him to get off work
    If you passed it up I was considering taking a vote at the next "gathering of the reprobates" to put you in time out while we did some mental testing.

If you decide you do not like it we have our own trade and sale section where I am sure you would recover your investment with boot. Me and Hunter get first dibs.

I'm flipping pissed off.
    This idiot has a deal with me, I can barely understand his text messages. After he ignores me all day, he sends me a text tonight saying, "I'm not selling you the gun. I'm selling it to a Vietnamese guy online for $175"
    I said, "we had a deal first and I'm offering more money"
    He responds with, "he's Vietnamese though."
    Are you kidding me? I offered him $40 more and he still turns me down. I can't believe this really just happened
    Go Dawgs

You need to have a... "Just in case you are some where and a good deal shows up, at the moment"......fund.....Never go anywhere with out at least $500 bucks in you fund.
    You have just learned the "Iron chicken" lesson....if you want it buy it now, or it's gone.
    Oh well I've missed a few deal myself........

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    You need to have a... "Just in case you are some where and a good deal shows up, at the moment"......fund.....Never go anywhere with out at least $500 bucks in you fund.
    You have just learned the "Iron chicken" lesson....if you want it buy it now, or it's gone.
    Okay Mr Hunter, now explain your Iron Chicken lesson theory to us! That has to mean something

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    That's not what happened. Either way, I wouldn't pay $500 for that
    Go Dawgs

OK,
    Once upon a time, and actually not all that long ago, while working on 'The Place", the need for grave, fill, rocks etc, used to drive me nuts!........Yeah, they would deliver, next Tuesday, when I'm not there, dumping it in my driveway, where it doesn't belong, so the work was double....I decided I "needed" a dump trailer, as when the inspiration strikes me....it's NOW... not next Tuesday.

So off to the trailer store (landscaping place) w/DW......Picked out a single axle hydraulic dump trailer....kinda on my limit for 'I want it now".......and bought one.

DW sees a 3 ft high cast iron chicken, and is lusting over it.....and as long as I was spending a bunch of money, thought "what the heck, what's a couple of bucks more?"
    Had been there for a year or two, but in the end she says , "No, I don't need a cast iron chicken", (It was really a rooster...she collects rooster stuff, I call it "chicken shut")...just to give her a bad time.

Got my work done for this trip, but she kept thinking about it....and decided that she wanted that chicken (rooster)........so as Mother's Day was fast approaching, I'm thinking it would be a slam dunk...off to the chicken store..........And it was GONE!....sat there for a couple of years, but now she wants it....GONE.

For the next year, we had to visit every landscaping place she saw, looking for a cast iron chicken....nothing like being told you can't have something to want it more.
    I even asked if they would order me one, guy says, only order once a year....then had to order $5k worth of stuff, for the people to make more.

Went back the following year, made a pain of my self.....Gotta have that chicken, Gotta have that chicken.....and he finally ordered one.

Week later I got a call, Your chicken is here....told DW, "get in the truck, lets go..."....She says, " I gotta do my hair, and change clothes...."...."No time for that, get in the truck, lets go"....so off to the chicken store......and came home with a 3 ft tall, 150 pound cast iron chicken.......after a year, of looking, hankie -ringing, wheeling and dealing, GOT the Chicken!

Now when she sees something that she wants, and says 'Nooo, maybe not"....I say, "remember the chicken!"

Operating under the principal, "If Momma isn't happy, nobody is happy", and 'lightning doesn't strike twice".....If you see something you want, have the bucks....buy it now.......if you decide you don't want it, sell it later.....This will save you at least a years worth of pain and suffering....maybe a lifetime?

Just a slight variation of "shoulda"...........
    Last edited by hunter63; 05-10-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: splin'

That's not what happened. Either way, I wouldn't pay $500 for that
    I'm just saying, that if you have the bucks with you, ....might have been a Glock, or Sig, or S&W, or what ever....You won't miss out.
    Better luck next time.......

How much cash I had on me had nothing to do with anything. He told me via text message that he wasn't going to sell it to me because I wasn't Vietnamese. I was never around him
    Since it matters to you, I had $400 on me because I was going to buy ammo and some shotgun shells
    Go Dawgs

I under stand being pi$$ed off, I'm not hacking on ya, believe me,... I hate it when people get screwed over....like you did, and I feel bad for you.

My only reason for mentioning carrying any cash at all was just to take advantage of a deal when it comes along.......too many times I have just stopped to think about a purchased and it was gone when I got back too it......Thats all.
    Really sorry it fell thru, and someone did ya wrong.

You're missing his point real prepper.

Call him back, tell him you are Vietmanese and you want your pistol! He has never seen you so how would he know? I once belonged to a gospel music forum for a year before they found out I was not black and started ignoring me.

The guy probably did not have the pistol anyway, or he realized how much it was really worth. He could get more than $175 out of it at a pawn shop.

Go over to the backpacking forum and give him a bunch of bad rep and get him banned from selling there.

You are going to get into deals like this throughout life, people back out, screw you over, bug out with your money, it happens to everyone sooner or latter. It is the same with cars, trucks, pigs, chickens, mules and goats. It all goes back to that old "counting your chickens before they hatched" advice. It ain't yours until you have it in your hand.

At least you still have your money.

Want to by a Hi-Point?

Me likey new gun. Shoot beacoup bang bang!