Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock performance......????

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I just wish I had a gun.....or even a bullet.....in case ATF is reading. Nada. (shrug)
    Hope I get to keep my slingshot... in case ATF is reading.

Just don't put it in the canoe!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hey Rick...I'll bet you could make a field expedient sling shot out of the h......... nah - never mind.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hey Rick...I'll bet you could make a field expedient sling shot out of the h......... nah - never mind.
    Crash, think about it, the elastic is probably so streched out it would shoot backwards:scared

There's nothing wrong with the elastic in my socks. Are you suggesting I have fat ankles?!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Crash, think about it, the elastic is probably so streched out it would shoot backwards:scared
    That is too funny!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    What size group should be expected from a G-22

Not from a master shooter, or a super tuned Glock-22.

But a out of the box, over a rest, at say 25 Yards.....? And not for 3 rounds but say 25 rounds, 5 rounds at a time, with rest and cool down in between so one knows what the given ammo and firearm can be expected to do.

Yes I know that I am the only one in the world who can't hit "tacks" or even beer cans at 100 yards.

I fired 20 rounds each in my G-22 and my G-24C today and the G-22RTF out performed the G-24C (Me not happy with the results).
    A Glock 22 should give you 5 shot groups of about 3 inches or less from a rock steady rest at 25 yards. Even a 1.5 inch group or two every now and then is not uncommon but consistantly under 3'' is a sure bet for just about any brand bullet you want to shoot. Going up to 20 shot groups, human error is bound to come into play and 3-4'' groups can be expected even with a steady rest.
    9mm: Because I've seen a .45 bounce off of a windshield MORE THAN ONCE.

9mm: Because even 1911 guys don't want to get shot with one of my "little" bullets.

9mm: Because low round count single stack pistols suck in a gun fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post
    I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Glocks. My only problem is, when I'm shooting them, Glocks always point too high. This has nothing to do with the pistols, but with how I use them under stress. It is true that over time I could adjust so that, with a Glock, my POA = the POI. However, since I already have a pistol that works FOR ME, why bother?

In 9mm I prefer the SIG P226. When I bring it up to shoot, its always pointing exactly where I want the bullet(s) to go. In .45acp I prefer the 1911 family for the same reason.

So you see, there is a LOT to be said about individual/personal differences and preferences.

-- Nighteyess
    Just wanted to update this with the following:

My above-listed assertions are based on my personal experience in a shooting sport called "Practical Pistol" -- it may not yet have made it to your area. It is similar to IDPA but a good bit simpler. In my case,the sessions are led/taught by a LEO rangemaster (LA County Sheriff's Department) with over 30 years of real-world experience.

In my particular case I learned that, under stress, I need to aim 6 to 10 inches LOW in order to place the bullets where I want them to go. You see, when it is applied to me PERSONALLY, the "School Solution" isn't the BEST solution. I'm thinking that some of you might, in fact, benefit from a similar learning experience.

Regards,

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 05-03-2012 at 02:44 PM.