Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small town businesses-spending close to home.

As the failure of the fridge was the only over winter damage, and deciding to turn this bad experience into a positive experience.

It is really good to hear that many people are at least trying to keep their neighbors in the game, be it a mom and pop or even a big box.......
    Bottom line I appreciate good service.....and keep trying to live with old time values, I guess...LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm a member of a rather large saltwater fish tank club in my state.And we all do our best to keep the local stores busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Uh....no one ridiculed him. It was in jest. I think Thad knows that. We've poked on each other a time or two. I don't really expect him to send me any money. But if YOU'D like to send it feel free.

My apologies, sir. I was a bit tired when I read your post and responded. I suppose I did take it a bit out of context.

I do have a rubber check in the mail for ya though!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Real rubber?.... or the imitation china stuff????/

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Real rubber?.... or the imitation china stuff????/
    Well, lookin at those funny stick figures, I'd have to say it is taiwan. Is that imitation?
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I take all forms of filthy lucre! The higher the denominations the better 'cause I know how hard it is for folks to get rid of a lot at once. If the check bounces will you send me another just like it?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LOL, I can remember back when I was a young man, went on a school trip to an Old West attraction.

As everyone else blew their spending money of food and candy,... I bought a real bull whip.....
    Was sooooo cool, and said "Genuine Imitation leather".......made in Japan. (long time ago...LOL) Any way the first time I tried to crack it it blew up in a million pieces......so much for the Genuine IMITATION Leather.

Made an impression, I like to buy stuff locally so I can go back, and complain to the face I bought it from.....
    Should have bought the candy and junk food.

Reminds me of a class trip we took to a local animal farm when I was like 8 yo.
    I bought a rather large rubber snake.
    On the way back a bully started picking on a friend of mine.Well I jumped in and ended up......well.....using the snake like a bull whip.
    Won the fight but payed for it in the long run.
    I hate bullies.

My van needed new tires and an alignment. I was also suspect that it needed new ball joints. In the past, we had gotten our tires from Wally World, but they don't do alignments (why a place selling tires doesn't do alignments is beyond me). Anyways, decided to try a local place. I asked the guys in my neighborhood who have lived here their whole lives for the best place to take the car. They all said "if you don't want it done RIGHT NOW, then try this one place, locally owned and operated". So, I brought it over, told the guy what to check and what I wanted done and give me a call to give me a quote. In the end, it took them 2 days to finish it, but the tires were less expensive the Walmart, they told me the brakes and rotors needed replacing soon (I knew this, and planned to do it myself) and gave me a price to replace I couldn't refuse. Then, in the end, the lowered the price by $50 if I paid in cash. I told them they will be getting my business in the future, and my recommendations.

We also have a local diner that is much better than any fast food. If I eat a burger at any fast food chain, I get sick afterwards. That doesn't happen at this diner. The only reason I tried the place was because the locals recommended it. Apparently, if the guys who have lived here their whole life recommends a place, you might want to listen.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee