Thread: shobu-zukuri tanto

Default shobu-zukuri tanto

Given how well this turned out I decided I would list it afterall.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

It is 10" overall, with a 5 1/2" blade. Blade is just under 1" wide and 1/8" thick.
    The blade is 1084 steel from Aldo.
    The mounting is african mahogany finished with tru-oil and black plastic, with a forged copper habaki.

The knife has some imperfections, such as the poorly cut fullers and a slightly unsightly fitting of the kurikata.

If you would like to own this knife, feel free to make an offer. I will ship USPS within the US.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Just to be clear; That is not a hamon in the upper picture, but forge scale from the heat treat.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Always post a price.

if not, people will post stupid offers.

$35, paid shipping to y house.

see....?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I'll entertain any reasonable offer. I just don't have to bite

ok winter; you win. i'm setting a fixed price of $110USD shipped within the US until june 5th. after that time it goes into my private collection.