Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: From Idaho...

ok spud for a serious reply to your question.
    i have penst time up in your neck of the woods training some fellow "soldiers" if you will, so if you need christian couples looking to help out is would go to hayden lake and ask around..

always be prepared.

hey hopeak you have posted this question before and i will answer it again.
    how do you defend your home or retreat? have you ever been in the military? have you ever heard of ruby ridge or waco? dude it is so f-n easy to defend your home for a long time if you are well trained and have the sack to do it. you ask any scenario and i will tell you how to overcome it.

open your mind some. what seems like an impossibility to you is what some people spend their lives trianing for, i applaud spud for livivng the way he wants to(after all i shed blood to give him that right) if i agree or dissagree with his lifestlye matters none, he is doing what he beleives in how many of you can say that.

always be prepared.

I think we are all doing what we believe. To do anything else would be ..... unbelievable.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

you would be surprised how many people don't do what they believe in for econmic or social reasons

WE - I think the homeowners lost in both cases you site.

I didn't chastise spud for his choice in life style. More power to him and anyone that wants to join him. What I thought was a bit over the top was his method of recruitment. Seeking folks he's never met and knows nothing about only reveals his location and weaknesses and places him at potential risk. As I said, they might 100% legit but they might also have bodies buried in the back yard.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

yes i agree but that was a law enforcement issue they had to wait it out or go in only two choices i believe what hopeak is refering to is a band of rogue infiltraters do they have three months to wait me out no they will try they will fail and they will move on to easier targets it is in there nature to do that they want easy not hard life risking attempts

Thumbs down Not enough information.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    WE - I think the homeowners lost in both cases you site.

I didn't chastise spud for his choice in life style. More power to him and anyone that wants to join him. What I thought was a bit over the top was his method of recruitment. Seeking folks he's never met and knows nothing about only reveals his location and weaknesses and places him at potential risk. As I said, they might 100% legit but they might also have bodies buried in the back yard.
    I agree with Rick on this... and I wrote what I wrote about it because from what I read of spud's original post there wasn't enough information about who he is and/or what he is trying to accomplish. I don't buy things sight unseen and there is a lot of room for skepticism from that original post. For me and my wife to pack up and move to a property we don't own and live 'commune' style I would just about have to know the owner personally I am afraid.

I don't downgrade spud for wanting to live the way he wants to.. and for recruiting others to do the same.. but I am independent enough that I could do the same with my own resourses, having control over the entire menagerie.

I think both of you make good points. WE - You're probably right when you say most folks would move on to easier targets. Folks committing any crime generally look for the easiest victim to prey on.

I also think Hopeak makes some good points. If someone is intent upon overtaking your position, they can generally do it IF they have enough time and resources. No fortress has ever stood up against a determined enemy from Troy to the Maginot Line to the Western Wall.

I can envision scenarios where both of you would be correct.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

as a former sniper i understand your arguement of being taken out i am prepared to die at any time but now you have alerted the rest of my compound so you have just wasted your opportunity to pillage and plunder

same as blowing up my compound now use can't use the supplies

as i said already i have an area cleared around the buildings so i am not concerned about fires and as i said i have bunkers to hide out in anyways

your comment was on people entering my compound to gain accsses i assume to my stores not just random killings but as i said take me out thats fine i and my people are prepared for having casualties but you will gain acesss to my stores

next?

Banned

<Cuckoo....un Cuckoo Cuckoo....un....Cuckoo>

i guess we can agree to disagree on this what you are talking about is an endless supply of militants and finaces to attack what you have reffered to.
    what i am talking about is repeling a lone individual intent on harm or even a samll group during a shtf scenario. in the conflicts you refer to they beleive in a idea that they are responding to, how long do you think a dozen or so people will try to risk there lives for my food, especially if they see one taken out in gruesome fashion i believe they will go on to easier targets as i can hold out for a long time if they are searching for supplies how long will they put an effert in until they say this isn't worth it

i t5hink that if i were single again i would use the boat idea as was discussed before although i would have to worry about the udt's or seals slinking aboard in the middle of the night but still a safe alternative i do believe

The problem of Securing any place against thousands of starving scared people is tough.

Banned

Do you wear clothes?

Banned

Do you like Maraschino cherries?

You are such a bad kitty.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Starting this summer my retreat will be restricted to soiled doves. Or anyone with $330,000.00 for 5 acres. See I can get along with anyone, even a one'armed Twinkie'eater.

Dredging for the cheap joke. (he shakes his head in disgust)

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

First time I have read this thread and it's easy to see you folks are looking for a "walk in " food supply. Yep, meat on the hoof, rather foot. I can see your point, rather be an eater than an eatee.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    First time I have read this thread and it's easy to see you folks are looking for a "walk in " food supply. Yep, meat on the hoof, rather foot. I can see your point, rather be an eater than an eatee.
    Yes, Twinkie'boy was wolfing down his Twinkie food so fast, He inadvertently wolfed off two and a half fingers. Now he has to wear a lamp shade over his head, so he won't eat all his digits. And he was not playing with a full box of digits to start with.