Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: From Idaho...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Rajneeshpuram, huh? Hey, I could have a cult. I'm no crazier than Koresch or Jones or Rajneewhatever. Yeah, I could have a compound and everyone could call me Master Rick. Creator of the Master Race. Ricktonians, that's what we'll call them. And we'll all be armed with potato guns, rubber bands and wet noodles. I'll have all the women dig a moat around the compound. Hot, sweaty women toiling.....huh?!.....I must have dozed off. What a dream. Oh, gee, look at that! I drooled all over the key board.
    My God Rick... What?? are you into?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge Wolf View Post
    My God Rick... What?? are you into?
    Hes into twinkies my friend, Lots of them
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Oh well, so much for changling avatars.. for awhile anyway.. Hmm, Twinkies are not in a survivalists food stockade.. are they?? If they are, I better go out and get some twinkie seeds for this spring planting.

Twinkies are great in a survival situation.
    Food

Stuffing your clothing with them for insulation

Luring your enemy into a well placed deadfall

Smearing the cream filling on your face for camaflouge in the snow

Spreading them under your ground cloth for sleeping comfort

Building a survival shelter (Twinkie igloo)

Freezing them and then using as projectiles to protect your location (forget the potato cannon - Twinkies are more aerodynamic)

Twinke scarecrow to keep the birds out of your garden

Twinkie torches

The possibilities are endless.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Twinkies are great in a survival situation.
    Food

Stuffing your clothing with them for insulation

Luring your enemy into a well placed deadfall

Smearing the cream filling on your face for camaflouge in the snow

Spreading them under your ground cloth for sleeping comfort

Building a survival shelter (Twinkie igloo)

Freezing them and then using as projectiles to protect your location (forget the potato cannon - Twinkies are more aerodynamic)

Twinke scarecrow to keep the birds out of your garden

Twinkie torches

The possibilities are endless.
    Hmmm, excellent business ideas... for the production of twinkies. I better get a LOT of seeds then..

Spud (not here) Just visited and found... not much new here. Many keep trying to get information via questions...why?? You are not the least bit interested, right? You think we are whack jobs so why even visit this blog?? I keep wondering what motivates some of you. Why not you leave and let it just sit here as intended. A simple blog in short, describing something about our group and some possibilities for others who have really gotten set up except for a location.

To address a couple points made, which in doing so will not harm us. How do we survive? Off of very deep food reserves. For how long? Several years. Between us and another member this week alone... we just ordered in another 5,000 in food reserves...good food 2,500-3,000 calories per meal, not macaroni and cheese. How long will you make it? Living of the land? As we can to supplement our reserves.
    How about you? Jobs? What friggin jobs. You just don't get it do you? We are only set to join up if...the social order in our country falls apart and living on our own is way to dangerous. No food on shelves, no gas at stations, no 911, no employer, no job, no utilities, no nothing. So just where were you going to go to work again? This is not a planned retreat location during economic hard times, to wait it out as we watch the evening news. In order to justify trigger the joining up event, there will be no evening news show available. Income? Just where are we going safely to spend it? The mall is full of flesh eating zombies...remember? Now we wish nothing ever happens. But if it ever does, we intend to survive. Not worried about you. Hopefully when the ship finally rights itself, we can disperse and all go our way. What will we all have to use as spending money? What will you have? Well good question as none of us know the future and what currency will rule. So at this point in time we all have invested heavily in gold/silver coins. What do you have? Most of us back when it was 200-300 per ounce. Hope that helps explain the income point. How about yours?
    60 acres? It is not how much you own, it is how much you can control. How much can you control? Call the Sheriff to handle a trespasser, are you kidding me. No one will answer. No phones anyway. But if they do work...leave a message. We have realized the very vast majority of our remote neighbors out here will need to relocate or starve to death within two months time. Thus hundreds and hundreds of acreage plots adjacent to us, unoccupied. Permission? Who do we call? There is no phone service, remember? There will be empty homes out here for some of our group to occupy over time if they wish to. That is up to them.
    I am glad someone out there has night vision. and a crossbow. PVS-14 I hope (several units are good) and does your crossbow have a night vision sight on it, to work with night vision. I created a system for ours. No need to get into radios and check in times, OK. Anyway, we willing to make room for one or two more, highly qualified and prepared couples. We hope one might join this site someday soon and see our posting. Thus we continue to post for now. Thus we continue to submit ourselves to people who like to take cheapo shots at us rather than get their own tool belt on to work on their safe spot. Today I am working on our lp/op positions some more. Plus getting our fishing boat ready for this years contests. We love to fish for fish and fully prepared couples. Basically have got our legal limit on the latter....Take Care...spud, the dud

That's a good question, Spud. Why not just let the thread sit idle? Why do YOU feel the need to come back time after time and jab the forum members? Why do YOU feel the need to prove how superior you are? How well protected and well stocked you are? If you truly wanted to accomplish what you set out to do then you would have made your post, answered some follow up questions and been done with it. But that isn't what you've done. That makes me more convinced than ever that you are NOT who you say you are and the only reason you are here is to stir up trouble.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Let me see if I've got this right. You don't see that we are engaging in anything useful. You don't understand why we have questions. (yet the questions that you decide to answer, are not really the questions that were asked) You continue to come to this forum to keep your post alive....why?....oh that's right....just in case.....in the off chance....that one or two highly qualified, well prepared couples happen across this thread. Yeah. Right. Not buying it. (yeah, yeah, I know you don't care if I buy it or not) Hope you enjoy your life and find what you're looking for. Does it really make you feel better about yourself and your "group" to continue posting here? Oh that's right, still looking for one or two couples..........if they can read, I doubt it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i would like to remind you that this is not a blog; it's a forum, the difference between the two systems being primarily the former's focus on conversation.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Last edited by Ridge Wolf; 03-07-2008 at 11:47 PM.

interesting philosophy spud, please send more info.......

do or do not there is no try

Quote Originally Posted by palerider View Post
    interesting philosophy spud, please send more info.......

palerider,I hope you dont hold your breath waiting for that info,as you can see,spud is NOT good at answering questions that have been ask of him!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

To palerider; I would like to answer some of the other questions asked nicely here. However I am responsibile to my other group members not to reveal certain areas and information. Each one of them has an individual limitations as to what they want made public. Being that there are over twenty of us with multiple restraints on what I can post or say, I am cut pretty short. Some here see that as wrong or arrogant. To bad. I see it as respecting those already on board. My groups concerns will always hold higher place as they feel their safety is at stake and those asking certain questions are just...curious. Big difference as I see it. Anyway palerider you are always free to post me off this blog. I have just been informed (privately) by one of the senior writers here to stop responding to comments and questions here? I sure hope those posting those comments and questions got a similar communication? What do you think about that? Some here say we have a superior than them view point? I guess when I meet other truely prepared survivalists that are further along than we are in certain areas.... I to can feel inferior. It works both ways. For us though, we elect to see those better preparations as a wake up call and challange to improve ourselves, not tear down the other survivalist better set up. Just another point of view, that is all. By just posting this response to you palerider I could be getting cut off from this sight Freedom of speech and expression we all feel is being taken from us much as firearms ownership is closer than you think.... Take care, spud

as i posted in my greeting i have surveying this site from the shadows for quite some time now, watching learning and listening, while i think that there are some well intentioned people here i also see at least two posters that i think are related to the government with the fear based threads that they start i surmise that they are trying to instill fear and also glean information from other unsuspecting individuals

as for your input here i have some questions. is this a self sustaining group if someone was to meet the requirements of your intent what is the ability to sustain lifestyle, working the land for your needs is the best, but still need income, i see 60 acres being sufficient as long as not for profit of resale.

best of luck in your endeavors.

pale rider

do or do not there is no try.

Banned

I dont know spud, I think alot of people on this board think I am a nut case for doing what I do to prepare..........but something really stinks about your top secret organization.

Remember palerider, spud doesnt wear clothes when he is picking stawberries........

how does that concern you..
    as i have noticed that there are a few on here who id them selves as hippies do you think they have anything against the rainbow people.

why do you worry so much about his "secret" organisation. i see that he frustrates you because he does not play your game, but i see others here playing games. do you not like him because he is different?

what is it about yourself that you do not like maybe you should pm remy or the professor as you people who like to give names around here have given him, as i have stated i have been aroung the fringes of this pack for quite a while i remember when remy(volwest) posted about what he saw about people from what they had posted about themselves you should have seen the proverbial fur fly

any how would you be so kind as to answer my questions.

do or do not there is no try...

Banned

Whats the question?

i'm sorry looked black and white to me. the question was not rhetorical it was clearly stated to your comment as to how spud picked his strawberries.

how does this concern you.

it seems to me in your pack dynamic that true to pack form you surround and attack an appearing helpless individual seems to me allot of cyberbulling going on here. i can see how someone may post something here maybe be misinterprted as is some of others humour here then get ganged up on then feel intimidated to come back.

to me the responsibility is to teach everyone how to prepare and to survive any situation to come along then it will be less likely that the hordes of infiltraters that you fear spreaders are worried about will come along

is that clear enough for you...

do or do not there is no try..

Banned

why do you worry so much about his "secret" organisation
    I dont. I think spud would have better luck recruiting "members" to his new world order if he shaved his head, banged on a tamborine and passed out baggies of chaffed wheat. Just MHO

If he's legit, all the power to him.....
    Last edited by BraggSurvivor; 03-09-2008 at 12:47 PM.

see you are doing exactly as you have accused him of, i asked you a very pertinent question and you two step all around it that in the Websters dictionary is called being a hypocrite.