Thread: Hello Real World

Default Hello Real World

I know this has nothing to do with survival or the wilderness, but I had to let it be known that I am officially done with my School education at 26 yrs old! After 7 years of college, one associates degree and one Bachelors, and no summer breaks. I am done. No more homework, no more boring reading, no more having to show up for class day in, day out on top of working. Now all I have to do if find a job in my field. Which is Game Art. I am a Game Artist who is great at animation, and 3d modeling, plus really good with all types of tradional art mediums. Now I just got to find a job, I have nothing against waiting, its just not what I personally want to be doing for the next 5 years. I am hoping to find a job anywhere in the country that will allow me to get my foot into the door. Not expecting anything soon, I realize it is going to take a unknown amount of time before I get any type of luck, but I will not stop. I will keep looking for a job as hard as I do my research before making a big purchase. I am posting this to ask for luck and best wishes as I step into the real world that I have not been apart of since first grade. It is weird without homework, so I plan to keep pushing my knowledge of the natural world and take small breaks to enjoy, camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, and all the other great things i can now enjoy without having homework hanging over my head. This way I can learn hands on experience besides tons of online researching and books.

Thanks to this forum and its members for the information shared with me so for and in the future.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 04-23-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Removed invitation to website

Good luck. I removed the invitation to your site. It doesn't matter if you have things for sale or not. If you want to include your site as your signature, you are welcome to do that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Congrats there young man.....The real world is a son of a female dog, and there isn't a reset button.

Best of luck and remember if a job isn't what you like, you still have had an experience...Do what ya gotta do.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

haha yea that what the word is going around. Thanks for the advice and luck, I will need all I can get.

Thanks crashdive for fixing that for me. I thought about that after posting.

Make money, but follow your passions. If you can figure out how to combine the 2, you're set
    Go Dawgs

good luck & congrats

I'll confess my ignorance here as it has been a long, long time since I was in college and I'm unfamiliar with many degrees that are out there now.

EARTHROCKS - "Now all I have to do if find a job in my field. Which is Game Art. I am a Game Artist who is great at animation, and 3d modeling, plus really good with all types of tradional art mediums."
    Does "Game Art" mean you sketch and paint, model and animate wild game in their natural habitats??

Congratulations on your degrees and best of luck in your job search.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 04-24-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Correct typo.

Thank yall very much. Trying to combine the two is ideal. See if this edumacation pays itself off.
    To Senior Man: "Game Art" just means all aspects of the visual end of games. Everything that you asked is right. I can sketch you a animal, then paint it using which ever type of paint youd like, or on the computer digitally, and then make a 3d model out of that drawing. Once I got you model made out I can add a bone system inside the 3d model. Sounds complex, and is, that is hopefully my job security. Once I got the model and bone system ready I attach the skin to the bones and then I can animate that model of which ever animal or creature of my own design. Once I got the animal I can make a sketch of the landscape or just make a 3d landscape for that animal to interact with.

Thanks again for the blessings and interest.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 04-24-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Removed reference to signature
    jeremyn.webs.com

Good luck Jeremy. I hope you find the job of your dreams, and I wish you much success in the future!

Congratulations! Surviving college is an achievement in and of itself. Your chosen field lends itself well to forensics and accident reconstruction so don't limit yourself to just the world of gaming. Think outside the box!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

EARTHROCKS - "To Senior Man: "Game Art" just means all aspects of the visual end of games."
    Thanks for that explaination, EarthRocks. I never cease to be amazed at what talented people can do today, with computers, etc.

Hope you are very successful in your career.

S.M.

Hey, congratulations! You've done it, and you'll enjoy it from now in your whole life. Great job!
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...