Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Miles Classic Truck I will probably buy tomorrow!

Default Low Miles Classic Truck I will probably buy tomorrow!

Curious what ya'll think It was an amazing find to me. Other than the details in the link. It has a warranty replacement GM installed 350 with paperwork 36K miles truck has 73K miles. 400 Turbo tranny, locking hubs. Stock 16" wheels. Light rust and a small area where the clearcoat is peeling. 2 owner truck all paperwork from day 1. I looked at it today.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/2860412096.html
    Last edited by COWBOYSURVIVAL; 03-09-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Not bad,for an '84 Chevy,LOL I wouldn't give that much for it though,but that's just me.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Not bad,for an '84 Chevy,LOL I wouldn't give that much for it though,but that's just me.
    I've been looking around at the going rate for 2 months and you might be surprised to find out how rare a find like this is at this price. Obama crushed all of them he could get his hands on. Thing is I have a '99 Z71 and would rather have this '84. To me that speaks volumes.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

One does wonder how come there is a newer motor in a truck w/73K on it?
    Anyway the money is about right for any older 4X4 .....but I like it, it has a carb.... it looks like.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It's more than I'd pay, but if it works for you then it works for me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    One does wonder how come there is a newer motor in a truck w/73K on it?
    Anyway the money is about right for any older 4X4 .....but I like it, it has a carb.... it looks like.
    Holley truck avenger carb, performer intake (both brand new). The plus for me is I have everything needed to convert it to throttle body fuel injection in my '87 blazer. As luck would have it, the '87 blazer has the same color scheme so matching door panels, chrome etc...He also has the original carb, intake, exhaust manifolds, everything. It was a farm only truck from WV. Guy struck me as the most honest man I have met in awhile. Another bonus is He has money a plenty and I will probably get to do some horse trading after the sale. He wants to build a Rock crawler and I am set up to build the motor for him and do any welding he needs. So far as the motor being a warrantied replacement inside of 40K miles. If a motor is not right I'd expect it to show up inside of 50K, so does GM, thus the warranty. I've been working on these Chevy trucks my entire life thanks to my now multimillionaire dad that now drives an '83 that is solid rust, with about the 5th rebuild in it. I built 6 motors with Dad when I started driving, still have the second one on a stand out back from a '77 camaro. That motor was in 5 vehicles and is still ready for another. I don't believe in talking an honest man down when he has given me a fair price and I believe he has. I'll be buying this truck and grinning ear to ear on the way to the DMV!

Cool, man........ Congrats.....
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Cool, man........ Congrats.....
    I like it.
    I am on cloud 9 about it, I was about to buy a '78 shortbed with 39.5 swampers. I am trying to keep a level head with my money. This will give the family a third vehicle and it'll be reminscent of my yester - years. My girls will be able to ride beside me! and it will be paid for!

You know what I would say..... well, let's just leave it at that.
    Last edited by MrsCowboy; 03-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

In about a month your cloud 9 will evaporate. There is a good reason that rig is for sale.

Before the end of this summer you will wind up paying $120 per fillup at 8-10 MPG on $4-5+ per gallon gas.

That price is about double what that truck will bring here. Folks can not give away the old 350 powered pickups. No one can afford to drive them.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Like the truck CS,More of a Ford man myself though. If you convert it over to EFI then you will probably bump up the MPG, right? It'd look good with about 3 inches of lift and some offset rims to give it a wider stance.

Once I get some money saved up I want to get a 2000- 03 F 250 with the 7.3 diesel. But it has to be a diesel, stick shift, 4x4....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

All I can comment on is the way it looks, and I like it.
    However, Kyrat has made some good points. I suppose, once in a while you just have to go for something you want and get it out of your system.
    I am always browsing and reading about cars and trucks even though I'll never get one as long as I live here. It's just a cheap sport for me.

if it looks good to you it works for me ,enjoy

Around here, it really hard to find a nice used truck. What K-Rat said, is true for suburbans and expeditions, but not trucks.(Around here, I mean.)

Good find, Cowboy.

And BTW, I'm with S-93, on wanting a 2000-2003 4X4 F-250 w/7.3.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Around here, it really hard to find a nice used truck. What K-Rat said, is true for suburbans and expeditions, but not trucks.(Around here, I mean.)

Good find, Cowboy.

And BTW, I'm with S-93, on wanting a 2000-2003 4X4 F-250 w/7.3.
    I wish I had the money now, the other day I found this truck in Texas for 14K I think. Already lifted, can't remember the lift size. 7.3 diesel, and a manual transmission which are kind of hard to find...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I'd add on some black black bushwacker fender flares, a black diamond plate tool box, a black powder coated bull bar on the front, and a good winch and this truck would be ready for anything! (plus some engine modifications....)
    Last edited by Sparky93; 03-13-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I like the way you think Sparky!

4X4 trucks....you can never have enough, like tools, guns, trailers, boats.......

I've been thinking about an electric 4X4 but I just don't know if I can afford the extension cord on the back.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    In about a month your cloud 9 will evaporate. There is a good reason that rig is for sale.

Before the end of this summer you will wind up paying $120 per fillup at 8-10 MPG on $4-5+ per gallon gas.

That price is about double what that truck will bring here. Folks can not give away the old 350 powered pickups. No one can afford to drive them.
    Your numbers are flawed, You'll need to subtract the 22K for a new truck with a 4.3 V6 and the interest. Mileage on that 2012 is 15 city and 20 hwy, less if you run E85 and it is 2 wheel drive. I can match that with the throttle body install easy. Then there is taxes, much higher tax rate.....Let's not forget maintenance...Lol! I have a spare for nearly every part on this truck. Gas will not top 4 dollars this summer. The correct numbers for the 1984 K20 Chevy truck stock, are 11 city and 15 hwy (link below). Manual hubs (less rotating mass) not stock in '84. 35" tires also equals a higher gear ratio than stock. I'll post my actual results when I can accurately.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...0_Pickup.shtml
    Last edited by COWBOYSURVIVAL; 03-14-2012 at 07:07 PM.

That's okay, CS. When you get our age everything is flawed. Numbers are just one more to add to the list.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.