Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Becoming a Wilderness survival instructor

AR...No worries....generally those that do a lot of "talken'"......are not doing a lot of "doin'".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    AR...No worries....generally those that do a lot of "talken'"......are not doing a lot of "doin'".
    I generally never say unless I have actually done, hence I dont pitch in on a lot of subjects.. only things I done and know about.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    I generally never say unless I have actually done, hence I dont pitch in on a lot of subjects.. only things I done and know about.
    Some times we need a little more of that....Just sayin'

First, do 3 years in the infantry, with at least 2 tours to the sandbox. Then do 3 years there as a merc. Then you'll have 400k in the bank, which will set you up for a very nice life in Chile, Uruguay, Portugal, Nicaraugua. Just dont take more than 10% of your money there. Leave it safely invested in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd View Post
    First, do 3 years in the infantry, with at least 2 tours to the sandbox. Then do 3 years there as a merc. Then you'll have 400k in the bank, which will set you up for a very nice life in Chile, Uruguay, Portugal, Nicaraugua. Just dont take more than 10% of your money there. Leave it safely invested in the US.
    maybe if I where in US and 18 yes sure... but grew up in RSA, and now 36.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

yes, you have a problem. Steady lady in your life? Kids? Got a passport? Consider joining iPSC combat shooting clubs? There's one in Pretoria, and in Durbin, last I knew, admittedly 40 years ago. Those matches are good places to meet people with connections (and money) Barry Miller used to be the contact guy, or Gerry Gore. Both would now be in late 70's, or older tho.
    Last edited by jayd; 08-04-2017 at 03:34 PM.

I am looking for an Instructor to teach jungle survival. Anyone know where i could find one ? Bob 508 394 5342

Quote Originally Posted by bobb1011 View Post
    I am looking for an Instructor to teach jungle survival. Anyone know where i could find one ? Bob 508 394 5342
    This is the second time you posted this......?...
    Not sure if I would my phone number out on the interwebs....

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The area code is Mass. and the school is in Mexico.

I am not setting foot in either place.

And I guarantee they can not meet my employment requirements.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by bobb1011 View Post
    Careful now. Just because you don't get a bunch of takers jumping at the fantastic opportunity that you have provided so much information about in the first 24 hours after posting is no reason to post it again. It smacks of desperation.......and gets kind of spammy.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jayd View Post
    yes, you have a problem. Steady lady in your life? Kids? Got a passport? Consider joining iPSC combat shooting clubs? There's one in Pretoria, and in Durbin, last I knew, admittedly 40 years ago. Those matches are good places to meet people with connections (and money) Barry Miller used to be the contact guy, or Gerry Gore. Both would now be in late 70's, or older tho.
    I have mates that do combat shooting and such, it is something worth investigating thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Careful now. Just because you don't get a bunch of takers jumping at the fantastic opportunity that you have provided so much information about in the first 24 hours after posting is no reason to post it again. It smacks of desperation.......and gets kind of spammy.
    Its very off.. I think it similar to the other post about wanting instructors for some wild piece of land In mexico.
    It just sounds very very very off.. no details? no nothing..
    and yeah, it just feels intuitively UNSAFE.. I highly doubt OP would receive any reply..
    ( I am Almost at the level of survival instructor) and in Southern Africa..
    Even if I where closer I would not even question or apply... just have that weird "missing organ feeling"

"Missing organ feeling"? LOL Like waking up in a bathtub full of ice with stiches in your abdomen?

Can I use that?

As in...Use it on a resume? That may be an eye popper. " 2017: Removed seven kidneys. No one died."

NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    Its very off.. I think it similar to the other post about wanting instructors for some wild piece of land In mexico.
    It just sounds very very very off.. no details? no nothing..
    and yeah, it just feels intuitively UNSAFE.. I highly doubt OP would receive any reply..
    ( I am Almost at the level of survival instructor) and in Southern Africa..
    Even if I where closer I would not even question or apply... just have that weird "missing organ feeling"
    Same guy that posted the Survival instructor thread, revived this one as well....that why I asked how many times he was gonna post it.

That other quote was originally posted by "jayd" kinda a leftover troll......that isn't around.

I agree with y'all point... "Why in heck would anyone in there right mind want to answer a cold ad like this and expect to have it end well....or ever be heard from again".

If you're in the US, young enough, healthy enough join the army! I went through my survival schools jungle, desert, mountain and a few others courtesy of uncle Sammy. Along with air assault and jump training. Otherwise the only one I know of is in Panama and is VERY expensive. ( somewhere around $15K plus travel)
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    If you're in the US, young enough, healthy enough join the army! I went through my survival schools jungle, desert, mountain and a few others courtesy of uncle Sammy. Along with air assault and jump training. Otherwise the only one I know of is in Panama and is VERY expensive. ( somewhere around $15K plus travel)
    36 years old, but am strong and healthy enough and would easily pass the fitness test.. but in South Africa with a decent job and a family..
    I would love to get in survival teaching/mentoring in my free time.. eventually as a business.. I am doing that here and there where I can.
    I am almost did join our army when I left school... but advised against it due to many situations of our army not being the same as it was once was (we where considered one of the best ground forces back in the 70ies and early 80ies)

Respectfully, that is the most frightening comment I have read on this entire site, and I make it a point to read here at least once a day. Without experience you will be feeding false information and half truths to folks who will trust what they have learned from you and head into the backcountry. Will you own the responsibility of their deaths or shrug it off? Step down from any ideas of instructing survival until you have a year of living it, or at least three weeks in each season completely unplugged. To do anything less is either arrogant, ignorant, or criminally negligent.
    Last edited by primitiveskills; 12-07-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by primitiveskills View Post
    Respectfully, that is the most frightening comment I have read on this entire site, and I make it a point to read here at least once a day. Without experience you will be feeding false information and half truths to folks who will trust what they have learned from you and head into the backcountry. Will you own the responsibility of their deaths or shrug it off? Step down from any ideas of instructing survival until you have a year of living it, or at least three weeks in each season completely unplugged. To do anything less is either arrogant, ignorant, or criminally negligent.
    If you are addressing Antony Raison......You have not read any of this thread......

Go back a re-read all of it, then come back and give us an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by primitiveskills View Post
    What or more importantly ----------- who are you talking about? If it's AR you are way off base.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel