Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Becoming a Wilderness survival instructor

AR...No worries....generally those that do a lot of "talken'"......are not doing a lot of "doin'".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    AR...No worries....generally those that do a lot of "talken'"......are not doing a lot of "doin'".
    I generally never say unless I have actually done, hence I dont pitch in on a lot of subjects.. only things I done and know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    I generally never say unless I have actually done, hence I dont pitch in on a lot of subjects.. only things I done and know about.
    Some times we need a little more of that....Just sayin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

First, do 3 years in the infantry, with at least 2 tours to the sandbox. Then do 3 years there as a merc. Then you'll have 400k in the bank, which will set you up for a very nice life in Chile, Uruguay, Portugal, Nicaraugua. Just dont take more than 10% of your money there. Leave it safely invested in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd View Post
    First, do 3 years in the infantry, with at least 2 tours to the sandbox. Then do 3 years there as a merc. Then you'll have 400k in the bank, which will set you up for a very nice life in Chile, Uruguay, Portugal, Nicaraugua. Just dont take more than 10% of your money there. Leave it safely invested in the US.
    maybe if I where in US and 18 yes sure... but grew up in RSA, and now 36.

yes, you have a problem. Steady lady in your life? Kids? Got a passport? Consider joining iPSC combat shooting clubs? There's one in Pretoria, and in Durbin, last I knew, admittedly 40 years ago. Those matches are good places to meet people with connections (and money) Barry Miller used to be the contact guy, or Gerry Gore. Both would now be in late 70's, or older tho.
    Last edited by jayd; 08-04-2017 at 03:34 PM.