Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blanket Roll Strap

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

A fellow that knows my daughter knows how to "finger weave" he has been trying to teach me so I can use it to help work my fingers after the stroke.

The more small things I do the better the finger memory gets.

I have grown so very tired of digging stuff out of play doe. Started with marbles, now I'm working on bb shot. And I can twist basic cordage, so im looking to add more complex stuff to help me get better.

At least the speech to txt thing works pretty well after learning how to deal with my southron accent from me reading to it for days. Tonight I am hand typing though so it isn't as purdy but that is part of the brain to finger practice too.

I'm to stubborn to listen to the DR that say I'll never get my skill back to old. I may hang up with numbers sometimes but the body can relearn if you just practice thousands of times.

My old teacher called it muscle memory and said the more I did it was like turning a dirt road into a interstate highway.

I don't know about that , but cant n quit ain't in my list of words I understand.

Thad.
    Thaddius Bickerton

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddius Bickerton View Post
    A fellow that knows my daughter knows how to "finger weave" he has been trying to teach me so I can use it to help work my fingers after the stroke.

The more small things I do the better the finger memory gets.

I have grown so very tired of digging stuff out of play doe. Started with marbles, now I'm working on bb shot. And I can twist basic cordage, so im looking to add more complex stuff to help me get better.

At least the speech to txt thing works pretty well after learning how to deal with my southron accent from me reading to it for days. Tonight I am hand typing though so it isn't as purdy but that is part of the brain to finger practice too.

I'm to stubborn to listen to the DR that say I'll never get my skill back to old. I may hang up with numbers sometimes but the body can relearn if you just practice thousands of times.

My old teacher called it muscle memory and said the more I did it was like turning a dirt road into a interstate highway.

I don't know about that , but cant n quit ain't in my list of words I understand.

Thad.
    That's the spirit, don't let the doctor tell you that you can't. My neighbor back home was working on putting new shingles on his roof, at the time he was 80 something, and fell of and broke his back. The therapist told him he would never be able to walk again and he sunk into a deep depression, well it's been a few years after that and he is back to full health. He is one tough old man, the other day I saw him walking up the road, covered in mud with a shovel slung over his shoulder doing lord knows what. Every now and then I see him out poking around with the backhoe, I think he just gets bored and has to go dig a hole every now and then lol
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

The truth is your brain is rewiring itself. It's growing new synapses to reconnect around those that were lost. It just takes a lot of time to do it. Personally, I think your positive attitude does a lot to help them grow.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

Nice of ya'll to say so. and positive attitude sounds a whole lot better than pure D stubborn.

I reckon I'll go kicking n screaming every step of the way.

Truth is that I just still want to do stuff and this isn't my first time I had to work uphill every step of the way to do what I set my sights on.

Once I did something everyone said could not be done, I kind of got a taste for doing stuff people said could not be done.

Ya gotta admit nothing feels quite as good as doing what can't be done.

but I do wanna say thank you for the kind words. I will never be able to explain how important they are to me, but they are.

Thad.
    Thaddius Bickerton