Thread: Bobcats

Default Bobcats

I've losing chickens lately, so I assume it's bobcats like every spring. The other day I was in the front yard and the chickens come blowing by me so I decide to check it out. Get to the corner of the house....yup it's a really good sized cat. He stood still for me to walk to the truck and get the rifle........bend in to grab the right one turn around and he's silently gone.

Is there a way to hunt these things or is it a he's there and I happen to have a rifle type of thing? My dog is great for everything from armadillos to coyotes, deer and cows. He alerts and feels his job is to run them off. Bobcats I assume he can't distinguish from house cats cuz he does ziltch.

I have 20 or so pullets in the growing and I really don't want to feed the wildlife that quick. I free range my chickens and can accept loses but only from the occasianal pest. Not a resident predator.

interesting read ,thanks Crashdive

My neighbor has chickens and some were being killed at night. He discovered a couple of raccoons were getting into the pen/coop and chowing down.

My neighbor solved the problem with a .22 Mag. rifle.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 04-12-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

Save those chickens at all costs!! They might be necessary to keep the bombs warm!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peacock
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LOL......thats a redneck idea if I ever heard of one

I would set a cubby set or two and keep the dog away from it unless he wants some pinched toes.

And I thought there wasn't any rednecks across the ocean....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.