Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atta Boy to forum Boss and mods

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

Default Atta Boy to forum Boss and mods

Got this very interesting private message from someone claiming she was interested in this used up, worn out, Inactive Marine who is rearing his 4 kids.

Was gonna hit the report spam button, but noticed the Banned under the name.

All I can say is

Boom Ya'll are fast and efficient policing such trash out of your house.

Thanks and Atta Boy on a job well done.

Thad.

PS Oh, and thanks for letting me hang out here, I'm having a lot of fun, learning a lot and just in general having a real good time. T.

Well, shoot, Thad. You made us blush. The three of us on spammers are like a bunch of hunting dogs when you drop the tailgate of the truck. All we need do is figure out which way they went and and we're off. I just love the smell of dead spammers in the morning. It smells like.......Victory.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah, thanks.....maybe 20 years ago....but I don't need the drama....
    Nice job.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm a spammer and you haven't bumped me yet..... of course my spam involves frying it in a skillet.....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Oh, man. We like you. We wouldn't mess with you like that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Man you missed the boat the best girls are found on the net!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Everyone knows that banned chicks are freaky.....

I admit the bands make them look different but I don't know that I'd go so far as to say they were freaky.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Good point Thad! The boss and mods are why I stickk around. They are firm, but fair and quick to clean out the trash!

Thanks for all you do guys!

We appreciate the cudos. Could you lift your feet so I can sweep?

I gotta say that I like this board because I get good info of course, but also because threads are allowed to flow and humor is normally encouraged. Aside from a couple foolish threads I can't recall stumbleing upon a locked thread. Letting it ebb and flow is a big plus for me.

I haven't gotten any of the messages you have referred to....I feel left out

Beat the spammers, beat them now!
    I used to run a Simple Machines forum and I have been forced to close the direct registration because of spam accounts.
    Perhaps they solved the problem, but that time was difficult.
    At that time I was working for an instant messaging company and the e-mail spamming was another big threat.
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

I hate those regester things where I have to type in words to prove I'm human and not a bot, Not because it is a bad idea but because my stroke messed with my eyes and it makes everything go fuzzy.

It is nice to have an voice option for those.

but worse comes to worse I just keep refreshing the thing till I can read it or ask my kid to read it to me.

ETA: I have found in life that many (aye I am guilty of it also) are quick to find fault and slow to praise.

I try to remember to give praise where deserved.

There is this book called : The One Minute Manager. It is small , and most libraries have a copy. After reading it I changed a lot of the ways I deal with people. It was a real eye opener.

Helped with kids, co-workers, employees, bosses etc.

Then I found Jesus and things got even easier.

Course I'm still an old curmudgeon at heart, I just learned to not let it show, well maybe I'm getting easy in my old age too. who knows? :-)
    Last edited by Thaddius Bickerton; 04-14-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: thought of something else
    Thaddius Bickerton

Good post, Thad. And the One Minute Manager is a very good book. Another you might like is The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.

I've mentioned it before but it changes your whole outlook on life when you realize that no one can make you mad. You can only allow yourself to become mad. Your emotions are your own and if you take ownership of them then life is pretty pleasant. It's very easy to let the actions and words of others slide by like water off a duck's back.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Boo hoo, no sexy spam for me. Of course, I'm a girl so it would take a whole nother type of spammer I guess.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You didn't miss anything 1TS. Just some Nigerian dude posing as a hot girl who wanted to meet us, sight unseen, if we linked to another site. The normal BS where you find your bank account emptied and your computer catches VD.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Oh yea I can do without the yuck spam.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by KY
    your computer catches VD
    For those of you not technically savvy that stands for Video Dyslexia. It's a problem that generally only affects ths that frequently viist those kinds of webb sites. Once infcted your vdeo dsplays words in a mspelled fashiin.

Have 7 principals and 1st things first by covey.

also you might add awaken the giant within by tony robbins, Lot cheaper than his seminar and its all in there.

For years I laid out a page in a bound book with roles / goals and such and kept it running like a calander planner.

Sort of have gotten away from it since my stroke. Instead I have a calander on the puter that kids try to help me keep updated with the alarms to keep me on track.

Still sometimes I sit down and think about the quadrants and such and ask if I'm really working on what needs to be worked on.

I know my parents and family taught me that I was responsible for myself and the direction my life would follow, but at this moment Im having a frustrated brain drizzle what was the first time I realized that my choices were mine to control, I could predict outcomes, but not control them, but knowing probable outcomes based on possible choices I could direct myself down the road of life.

Now where did i get that from, I'm sure it is a clue.

Well it will be like forgetting a name. Sometime later I'll shout out the answer.

I keep hearing how to win friends and influence people and think and grow rich in the back of my mind, but they came later when I stop and focus, not that they are bad reads either.
    Thaddius Bickerton

I do the same thing. Only I list my short term and long term goals with steps needed to achieve them. That doesn't mean you can always go straight from A to B either. You sometimes have to reassess things to determine if your goal is really necessary. But I view that like a road map to life. You can hop in the car and point it in a direction and hope you arrive in Huntsville but if you pointed in the wrong direction you could wind up in Mobile or Atlanta. You have to follow a map to get where you want to go and my goals are part of my road map.

I have several friends that are wondering where life went to and how they ended up where they are yet they never did a minutes worth of planning on their own lives to point themselves in the right direction. You have to sharpen the saw as Covey says.

Don't fret too bad on the memory. Names escape me like the wind any more.