Thread: 6 Strand Braid?

Default 6 Strand Braid?

I am wanting to make a strap for my blanket roll that won't dig into my shoulder, my plan is to have a 6 strand braid go to a 6 strand weave and back into a 6 strand braid. My problem is I can't find any instructions for a 6 strand braid. Does anybody have a link or any know how on how to braid a 6 strand round braid? My backup plan if I can't find any instructions for a 6 strand braid are to make a 4 strand braid and then braid in the other 2 strands, but I figure there has to be plans out there for a 6 strand braid...
    Last edited by Sparky93; 04-11-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking down on the ends of the rope you make a half-loop with each, that passes over the next strand and down into the loop of the next. I think it's called a sennit instead of a braid. Although basic, this is a decent book with good illustrations:
    http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Knots.../dp/0789423952
    I have another one or two good knot books too.

Somebody call 911, I'm trapped in a a giant ball made up of 1000' feet of paracord. Send in the F.A.R.T.S., I just typed this with the one finger that is not trapped.... I might miss lunch, this could be a dire situation....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

The F.A.R.T.S. will get right on it......after a nap. Oh - is there water nearby? If there is water nearby we'll have to find the boat first. We could send in the mule, but the last time we did that and there was string involved............well, suffice it to say that it weren't pretty.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Can't send the mule. He and 2D had a prior engagement this morning. They were clownin' around somewhere.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You know, back when DW did the macrame stuff, pot hangers, belts, (just found one the other day) hammocks had a bunch of books and string....wonder if thats around here somewhere......bet it could be converted to paracord.
    Not that would do ME much good, but just a thought......I'd in the ball of cored as well, I feel your pain......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27