Thread: Wilderness Survival.net Phone App

Default Wilderness Survival.net Phone App

Has there ever been any thought of doing one or would it just be too much? I have all sorts of survival apps on my phone but I have zero where I could talk to others on forums. Just curious is all.
    --GiLLiGaNN--

Not sure, but I moved your thread here so that Chris will see it next time he's around.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just curious, what survival apps do you have on your phone? I'm new to the smart phone, and not sure what apps to look for at this time. I do know that most of the AT&T apps seem to have a low rating and high cost. Would appreciate any suggestions.

I was going to ask if anyone had created an Anki deck? It is a free app and really easy to create card decks for and while I haven't tried it says multimedia cards are easy to create.

To view a forum, I use Tapatalk when the forum allows it. Chris would have to throw a switch for it to work, I'm certain that is an over simplification.

The next series comes with a disclaimer:

I consider my phone a signalling device first and foremost. Battery life for that function is of highest importance. Second, it is a navigation aid. Third, it is reference material. Fourth, it is entertainment. Do not allow the second two to steal precious battery from the first two. It is ill advised to rely on it solely for certainly the first two. It would be well advised to have a secondary battery and/or a charging mechanism if you rely on it for any of the above.

Signalling:

Voice and text is obvious

Morse; yep that's the name of an app. Albeit primitive on my part, it allows me to send visual and read audio/visual. Sending is like falling off a log.

Life360; locator beacon, kinda, sorta

Navigation:

MotionX GPS; Just a wonderful app, you have to have a high end GPS to out run it.

Reference:

SAS Survival Guide

The Weather Channel

iSolunar

Packing Pro

Grocery Gadget

WhatKnot

Leafsnap

FM21-76 Survival Guide

WildEdibles

Dropbox; Which allows cloud sharing so that you can sync any document you wish to the phone and pc, and I have many.

Entertainment:

Camera!; automatically cloud syncs my pics
    Last edited by intothenew; 05-10-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Changed category on Life360
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

If I had all that stuff on my phone I'd have to learn how to use it. It aggravates me when the darn thing rings as it is.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The varmints are tutoring me.

You know, I understand that sentence completely. I've worked with computers since the stupid things came out. My nine year old grand son did something on the computer that was really pretty amazing.

"How did you do that?" I asked.
    "Oh, it's easy. You just..."

I'm thinking, easy huh? Why you little...........
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

"Peepaw, whether you use it or not a 1 has less mass than a 0. Think about it?"

there is a mobile app for this forum software, I've not installed it, that being said, if you have a smart phone with a web browser, you can browse the site with it.

Has any more thought been given to enabling Tapatalk on this forum? I recently installed the app and it's a great way to read forums on a smartphone.