Thread: introduction

Default introduction

Hello call me Kebbie I am really new to this as far as the computer and threads and etc so please be kind and patient LOL I am looking for someone to help with recipes for dehyrateing foods and storage I have a seal a meal thing and have a lot of food frozen but I really would like to dehyrate that way I would have more room any suggestions I would love to hear remember we all in this together and if you arent with me your againist me!

Hunter63, say Hey, and welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Hi and welcome! Out of curiousity, where are you from? A general location would help us with helping you with your dehydration journey!

Hello and welcome. As far a dehydrators go, what is your budget? I paid $1 for mine at a yard sale, whereas the one I want (Excalibur) costs a little bit more.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home. You need to set a price you are willing to spend and an idea on how much you want to dehydrate. Here's the one I have:

http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/5...dists-prod.htm

The five trays are more than enough for my wife and me. It has both a thermostat and a timer so you can set it up and pretty much forget about it. You can get a dehydrator for less money but the blower is generally in the bottom, which requires moving the trays around to get an even drying cycles. Not a big deal just a little more work. With the Excalibur the blower is in the back and you don't have to move trays around. Dehydrating is really pretty simple.

For recipes I would suggest the book Mary Bell's Complete Dehydrator Cookbook. It's the bee's knees for recipes and how to stuff.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

hello & welcome