Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only slightly on topic, but amusing.

Default Only slightly on topic, but amusing.

I lol'd

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Hahahahaha
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

If I had a nickle for every time I've read of this happening.......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Pretty funny stuff.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I reminds me of the old Graham Wilson (Playboy magazine cartoonist) cartoon..... of a little man and women, she has her scarf on, long coat and little purse....Looking at he husband holding a smoking, double barrel elephant gun.....Standing at the feet of a dead bull elephant, on the corner of Elm and Main....says "Honest Harry, I will never kid you about carrying the elephant gun again!"

SHTF, falling anvils, OMG......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Like we dont have enough to worry about in this world, now it's random falling anvils

So I'm pretty settled for my new anvil stand-in. I'm going to get a 12-20lb sledge and securely mount the head into my big walnut log. I'm nearly 100% certain that a 12lb steel head is better than a 50-60lb cast iron ASO.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Who you callin' an ASO?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

uhm... some other guy... honestly.

All I've heard is bad things about those cheap Chinese cast iron anvils....

If my dad didn't have an anvil I would get my hands on some train track and make one of these

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I got a pdf book on making them somewhere if anybody wants it just PM me, but it is pretty straight forward. Just torch off all the bits that don't look like an anvil....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

"It's better than nothing" is about all there is to say about any cast iron ASO. It's simply an inappropriate material for the job.

I've been on the lookout for some rail. I seemed to have missed the boat when they took out the tracks near my place.

...and in other news. A trail derailment in Lafayette blamed on missing track. Details at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    ...and in other news. A trail derailment in Lafayette blamed on missing track. Details at 11:00.
    I'm telling you officer I had nothing to do with it..... Whats all these broken hacksaw blades you ask?..... Those would be antiques.... I swear!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

The last time I saw falling anvils was when I was roadrunner hunting. I wonder, are there roadrunners in NYC?

There are a bunch of old rail tracks near my home. But they are full size pieces. There has got to be a faster way to cut them then with a hack saw. I can't drive a vehicle up close either. Any ideas?
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I have a piece or railroad that is about 18". I'd say that it weighs 80lbs or so. If you do find a way to cut a segment off, make it small enough for you to carry.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

LOL, that's the idea.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

thermite is said to do nicely if you don't have a big torch.

You have to want rails mighty bad to cut them up with a hacksaw. That's better than an emory board I suppose but just barely.

If you're going to cut railroad track with a hacksaw you had better pack a lunch.

Cutting torch. I have also read that there was a rail chisel - kind of a cold chisel built into a splitting maul where the track was scored all the way around and would break. Don't know how accurate that is though.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am NOT holding the chisel. Don't even ask!