Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Living in the middle of no where

Default Living in the middle of no where

So i would like to get a group of people together a small group nothing large maybe five people or so anyone down? or have any great idea's about where if anyone seriously is interested let me know.

Uh.....you might start by offering some information about yourself. Things like, "I'm not an axe murderer", would probably be helpful information. Do you live in Zimbabwe or Chicago? Are you 12 of 92? Do you want to live off grid in the African Congo or Canada? I realize it's probably just details but folks seem to look for bits of information like that. Good luck anyway.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Where and when do we meet?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Bring lots of rice.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Is your mother coming........???

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I will save you plenty of trouble, come stay with me.

I have a garden to break and plant
    a chicken house to build
    4 cords of wood to split and stack
    I need to preasure wash the siding
    the yard has to be mowed twice a week at this time of year
    I must add a room to the back of the house before fall
    New jobs will be added daily as life progresses.

You can pitch your tent in the back yard and live completely off grid, just be careful of the coyotes, racoons, skunks, occasional bears and the neighbor's cat.
    You can walk the two miles to the Wildlife Management Area and hunt for your food
    The lake is only 1/4 mile away so you can catch a fish now and then, gathering greens along the side of the road as you walk.
    (the food gathering will be in addition to the work load already mentioned.)
    There is a creek runing along the back of the place for water, you will need to purify it.

BTW summer here gets incredably hot (near 100) and winter is usually long and cold (below freezing for 2 months). We also have misquitoes as big as B2 bombers.

No, there will be no pay involved, after all, you are part of the group. There is also no medical care and I do not provide transportation, anywhere.

As part of the group we will vote on everything. My vote counts twice. If more then two are present my vote overrides any decision.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Pressure wash what? you left out stoking the still! - otherwise I would have signed up!
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yeah, well I still need a lot of junk dragged out of the ravine, buck thorn and brambles cut.

Bank need weed wacking every other week front of "the Place" and of course yard and trail mowed.

May camp down by the river......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I just realized I forgot to medntion the cage fights.

The local National Guard Armory holds cage fights each weekend. As part of your contribution to the group you will be expected to participate where you will also be expected to lose due to yoru malnourished, over worked and decrepit condition. The remainder of the group (me) will bet on your opponant and win large sums of money. You get none of that, after all, it is for the good of the group. (no my name is not Obama)

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Pressure wash what? you left out stoking the still! - otherwise I would have signed up!
    Really WOO, catch with the modern world! No one runs a still any more. Legal liquer is too cheap to compete and liquer in so labor intensive!

Even pot is no longer grown out in the open, those suppliers prefering indoor set ups. Too many helicopters buzzing around and LEO wanting their share.

The hilllbilly faction has adopted meth as the new prefered substance. It is cheap, easy to make and does not require chopping wood or fighting ticks and chiggers or walking up the middle of the creek for a mile to tend the still.

I'm in, can I bring my Unicorn?

The OP was catnip to Kyrat, I just knew it.
    Thank you Kyrat for always coming through and putting a smile on my face, to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I'm in, can I bring my Unicorn?
    Sorry but I will have to turn you down WT. Your home territory is too close. After a week, and probably just before the first cage fight, you would pack your crap and hoof it back to Ohio!

I need someone that comes from too far to walk home and has only enough money for buss fare one way.

If you did come here your unicorn would be welcome. We have a stud donky and I always wondered what kind of stir a unimule would create at the county fair.

Ms B, you know me too well. If you and the hubby ever drop by you can stay in the house, and no cage fights, unless you just want too.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Sorry but I will have to turn you down WT. Your home territory is too close. After a week, and probably just before the first cage fight, you would pack your crap and hoof it back to Ohio!

I need someone that comes from too far to walk home and has only enough money for buss fare one way.

If you did come here your unicorn would be welcome. We have a stud donky and I always wondered what kind of stir a unimule would create at the county fair.

Ms B, you know me too well. If you and the hubby ever drop by you can stay in the house, and no cage fights, unless you just want too.
    Unimule,...... that made by John Deer, right?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

JAMES GUYETTE - "Living in the middle of no where"
    I'd really like to come along, but I can't as I enjoy hot running water at the turn of a handle, flush toilets at the push of a lever,, instant electricity at the flip of a switch, cooking gas at the turning of a knob, not having to boil water three times a day to drink and cook, and my very competent, painless dentist.

Guess I'll stay here... but wish you the best of luck out in the wilderness.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 04-16-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

Have you got at least a twelve month supply of pizza, beer, whisky, cigarettes, and wifi access for all group members? If so I'll bring a motor home and visit a while.
    D.O.M.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Really WOO, catch with the modern world! No one runs a still any more. Legal liquer is too cheap to compete and liquer in so labor intensive!

Even pot is no longer grown out in the open, those suppliers prefering indoor set ups. Too many helicopters buzzing around and LEO wanting their share.

The hilllbilly faction has adopted meth as the new prefered substance. It is cheap, easy to make and does not require chopping wood or fighting ticks and chiggers or walking up the middle of the creek for a mile to tend the still.
    I AM

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

See? I told you. You shoulda put in some details.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sorry about the lack of information before had just had to get a quick post out there and get everyone fired up this wouldn't be an indefinite thing it would be more of six months to a year in the remote wilderness location is not a concern to me, any number of people would be better than just one. would obviously would want to be in an area where we are allowed to be and allowed to hunt. and i guess some information about me is also necessary, i am 20 years old, im from Ohio my mother raised me outside and she has also been teaching me survival skills my whole life and i practice monthly i have my own equipment, just lack the man(women) power, and of coarse i have my own funds. also just the pure experience of it would be a thrill enough for me and too have a group would make it that much better. thanks
    ~James

Banned
    Blog Entries

Take lots of photos.