Thread: Book Pass Around

Default Book Pass Around

With my one-thousandth post I wanted to do something special, so I thought I would see if ya'll would want to do a book pass around. I have a paperback copy of Wildwood Wisdom by Ellsworth Jaeger originally published in 1945. I know a lot of you probably have this book, but if you don't this is your chance to get a look at it. It is filled with a lot of cool bushcraft type projects, camp cookery, brain tanning, clothes patterns (although they are fairly vague, but they give you a general idea), and a lot of other cool projects. I would not trust my life to the edible plant section as they are very vague and not descriptive enough.

So this is how it's going to work if anybody wants to participate, you will have until April 12th at to say "I'm in". I will send the book out on the 13th and the first recipient will keep the book for a week or two and send it on to the next person on the list. I ask that before you send the book off that you write a little something in the front blank pages of what you thought of the book, if you tried any of the projects so on and so forth. After the last person get's done with the book it will return to me.

If all goes well I might put up a poll with a few other books that I don't have and I will purchase the most voted book, read through it and send it off to the next person.

Here is a review of Wildwood Wisdom:
    http://www.shtfblog.com/book-review-...sworth-jaeger/
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

That's a very nice thing to do. Hopefully this goes better than the two knife pass arounds that we did. The first knife was stolen by Wildgoth and the second was "lost" and not replaced by Flandersander. I would recommend not sending anything to either of those two "stand up" guys.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    That's a very nice thing to do. Hopefully this goes better than the two knife pass arounds that we did. The first knife was stolen by Wildgoth and the second was "lost" and not replaced by Flandersander. I would recommend not sending anything to either of those two "stand up" guys.
    Thanks for the warning, and that really sucks. If the book is stolen I won't be happy, but I won't be heart broken either. Hopefully everyone follows the honor system....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

*Bump...........
    Thomas Paine

Great idea. I'm in
    Go Dawgs

Cool beans
    Thomas Paine

*bump........
    Thomas Paine

*bump
    Anybody else? It is a really cool book, especially if you want some new bushcraft projects to try.
    Thomas Paine

I have not read the book and would be interested, but I do not have the time. Thanks for the offer and good on you for doing it.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post
    I have not read the book and would be interested, but I do not have the time. Thanks for the offer and good on you for doing it.
    IF you want to get it last on the list, I'd be fine with you keeping it until you have time to read it. Keep it for a month or so, I like just scanning through the pictures in it and if I see something that looks interesting I'll read that part.
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    IF you want to get it last on the list, I'd be fine with you keeping it until you have time to read it. Keep it for a month or so, I like just scanning through the pictures in it and if I see something that looks interesting I'll read that part.
    Thanks! Put me last on the list.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa