Thread: Belly of the Beast

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Belly of the Beast

Errands to run today. I am off to the county seat of my little inbred settlement to register the boat for another year's use. I must talk to this one and that one and back to the first one telling why, when and where with them recording everything down to the gas/oil ratio of the 2 stroke engine. This usually results in me requiring sedation with massive doses of alcahol before evening.

I must also stop by Walmart, also a frustrating experience, but necesary since they have put every mom and pop sporting goods store once in the U.S. out of business.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I guess I don't understand y'all boat regs.....ours are good for, I think 3 years,..... and they just want the money?

I agree about the china marts.....and I really miss the small stores, gun stores, hardware stores, the corner grocery, and even my local little jewelry store.....as related in the "watches" thread......

I feel your pain.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

I can comiserate. I have been losing a battle with a paintbrush all day. My sanity is somewhere in the paintpot.....
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I gave up my sanity years ago. Nothing to lose, nothing to...well, something. If you want something to up your blood pressure try taking your mutt to the vet to get her teeth cleaned then have the vet call you and tell you that your dog's teeth should be brushed every day. Yeah, that happened this morning. I mumbled something about the dog gumming milk toast at which point I was curtly told what time to pick the dog up.

Brush a dog's teeth? If the little cretin's breath wasn't dropping elephants it wouldn't have gotten it's teeth cleaned to begin with.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Man, Wally World and the BMV all in one day! You're in for a long day! That's why I fish in my canoe, no power other than me so no registration required...
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Ugh, have a drink on me.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

You brush your dog's teeth? That's almost as bad as cutting their nails.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Negative, Foxtrot Mike. Even I have my limitations on what I'll do for a roast.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My brother and I both have miniature dachshunds, mine is trim, fit, keeps her nails trimmed on her own, and never has bad breath. Now my brothers dog is the exact opposite, her circumference is the same as her length, she gets winded walking to the food bowl, she couldn't reach her back paws to bite them short if she tried, she has allergies, she has asthma, and if you are holding her while she yawns it will drop you to your knee's.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Also do we need to go bail Kyratshooter out of jail after yesterday? lol
    Thomas Paine