Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus "JUDGE".....Your experience and grips available....?

Man I want one but I can't in Kalifornia... bummer.

Why are those restricted?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Why are those restricted?
    If I were to geuss, it would be because it was designed for "self defense" and you can't have that ya know!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Actually, I just looked it up. In Kalifornia, it is illegal to own a "short barreled shotgun" and since the Judge is designed to fire "shotshells", it too falls under that part of the law.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63
    ...but the .410 derringer... I don't think it ever shot a round hole.
    My dad had a Bond Arms .410/.45LC derringer. A friend and I took it out to the range one day. The backstops at my local outdoor range are thick pieces of rubber. We shot some birdshot from this gun and from 5 yards the pellets were actually rebounding off the rubber and striking us!

I shot one of these with the short barrel and if you plan on hitting anything over 10ft away I would recommend something smaller and more accurate. This is a hoot to shoot but not practical imho.
    "You can't sedate all the things you hate... so kill and burry them in the back yard!"-- me

That's why most indoor ranges won't allow shotguns. The pellets can come home to roost.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
    My dad had a Bond Arms .410/.45LC derringer. A friend and I took it out to the range one day. The backstops at my local outdoor range are thick pieces of rubber. We shot some birdshot from this gun and from 5 yards the pellets were actually rebounding off the rubber and striking us!
    Does it on thin plywood as well.......wasn't fastened to anything, just propped up, and springy....wear your saftey glasses, shot bounced right off and came back....yeah about 15 ft.
    That's the range I was getting "key holes", with the .45 colt
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Does it on thin plywood as well.......wasn't fastened to anything, just propped up, and springy....wear your saftey glasses, shot bounced right off and came back....yeah about 15 ft.
    That's the range I was getting "key holes", with the .45 colt
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Hunter, you had to go and post that little gun again! I want one bad! I inquired at the gun shop and the owner wouldn't sell me one even if he could get one. He wanted to push the over and under and over 400$ bucks!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Going to gun show today, I'll keep my eyes open......OK?
    It is a cool tackle box tool......for the snakes that drop in the canoe, w/#6 shot.....

Going to gun show today, I'll keep my eyes open......OK?
    It is a cool tackle box tool......for the snakes that drop in the canoe, w/#6 shot.....
    Yes sir! I'll hold up my end!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

I need to look for some cannon fuse(did I just say that?)....check out the loading dies, and look over the junk boxes....never know.....

I need to look for some cannon fuse(did I just say that?)....check out the loading dies, and look over the junk boxes....never know.....
    Have we seen the cannon? I don't recall that post....

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Have we seen the cannon? I don't recall that post....
    No haven't posted it yet, still in a wood crate....no carriage for it, yet cannon carriage makes are rare these days, the wood wheels are PITA to find.....modeled after a field piece, shoots Coors can full of C-ment.

Fuse guy was at the show, picked up 60ft of 30 per foot green fuse.

No Cobray DD derringers, several O/U Bond models, ( $400 to $500 ones) and not in .410/45lc.

Lots of tactical stuff.

Did find a H&R .22 929 in good shape (looks new) for under $200 and a couple of old LEO .38 black holsters for $5 bucks each.
    Not many other deals, same guys selling mostly the same merchandise.

No haven't posted it yet, still in a wood crate....no carriage for it, yet cannon carriage makes are rare these days, the wood wheels are PITA to find.....modeled after a field piece, shoots Coors can full of C-ment.

Fuse guy was at the show, picked up 60ft of 30 per foot green fuse.

No Cobray DD derringers, several O/U Bond models, ( $400 to $500 ones) and not in .410/45lc.

Lots of tactical stuff.

Did find a H&R .22 929 in good shape (looks new) for under $200 and a couple of old LEO .38 black holsters for $5 bucks each.
    Not many other deals, same guys selling mostly the same merchandise.
    Thanks for trying Hunter! I have my eye on some mechanical tubing to make my own mini cannon, should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Thanks for trying Hunter! I have my eye on some mechanical tubing to make my own mini cannon, should be fun!
    I'll keep my eye open, you find stuff when you aren't looking.

Few Judges for sale, most with the real short 2-1/2 in barrels.....might be considered longer as I believe they consider the cylinder as part of the barrel length, so that would make it 5-1/2 " I guess.

This thread was started from a guy looking for grips better than the stock gummy bear ones. I too am looking for better grips. Thus far I've only seen these lasergrips.lasergrip crimson trace.jpg

Hope this helps.