Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Fourth Annual WSF Jamboree

The big pot is fine, but the little one goes on first at 4:30 in the morning. I ain't waiting THAT long for coffee.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's best to fast for a good two months prior to attending such an event. I wish I could have been there. I know how much fun they are and how good the food is. Did I mention you should fast prior to attending?
    Well, due to you not attending nobody was scarred mentally. I mean we didn't have to see you in a thong in person...

Nor did you when I attended. I saved that for the tent. Well, there was that walk through the campground about 2:30 a.m.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I just got a phone call, from some lady that talks funny. LOL
    I'm going to run up to the Williamsburg area, either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday and get Winnie a glass of sweet tea! After reading about her shooting, and then eating BBQ (pulled pork.) I was getting worried that I wouldn't have anything new/exciting to show Winnie. When I just talked to her, I was surprised to hear that she still hasn't had any sweet tea. I'm also thinking that I need to find a good place up there, to get a good chili dog.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    I just got a phone call, from some lady that talks funny. LOL
    I'm going to run up to the Williamsburg area, either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday and get Winnie a glass of sweet tea! After reading about her shooting, and then eating BBQ (pulled pork.) I was getting worried that I wouldn't have anything new/exciting to show Winnie. When I just talked to her, I was surprised to hear that she still hasn't had any sweet tea. I'm also thinking that I need to find a good place up there, to get a good chili dog.
    Just bring the mule along and let it do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Just bring the mule along and let it do the talking.
    He's in New England....in court.
    (Snicker, snicker)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Good thing cause: She can cook good mule, I know she can.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Chili dogs and sweet tea. Good idea! Now she just needs to attend an american football game and a nascar race and her citizenship will be complete!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Chili dogs and sweet tea. Good idea! Now she just needs to attend an american football game and a nascar race and her Southern citizenship will be complete!
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    He's in New England....in court.
    (Snicker, snicker)
    That's a good mule

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If they get sweet tea down Winnie they will have to hold her down and administer it with a beer funnel! She was very definate on that point.

She also is not too keen on our left turning car races, being a close follower of the F1 series. We have hashed that over a time of two also. I like NASCAR but I also follow F1 and World Rally cup so we can communicate to some degree.

Chili dogs are a good idea! She may have those across the pond.

Come to think about it we did spend a lot of time while she was here sitting around talking about food!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 10-24-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Come to think about it we did spend a lot of time while she was here sitting around talking about food!
    If you can't eat everything in sight, the next best thing is to talk about it. It's my favorite pass time.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I should have asked Winie if the scales in GB are marked in "Stone"?

We are talking about her like she was not here when she will be reading this shotly.

!!! Hey Winnie! Are the scales in GB marked in "stone" or pounds? !!!

I would also like to thank everyone that threw goodies in the gift pot. The surprises were enjoyable and useful.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The Brits consider iced tea an abomination. It's as if we visited another country, where bacon is just dog food, and beer is served like hot cocoa.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I'm so jealous!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Okay it has taken me a week to let you know I made it home from the Jamboree. Winnie came home with me and we tried to teach her all the refinements of redneck living. We took her to a truck stop for dinner on Sunday night when we got home from the Jamboree. The good thing is they sold Twinkies. After our dinner of refinement we went home to sleep the night and worry about unloading everything Monday morning. My husband thought that was an exceptional idea asa he had to go to work so that meant Winnie and I unloaded the van. While we were unloading the van we had laundry going for Winnie and had some breakfast.

When the laundry was done we headed to Staunton where Winnie wanted to go back to Walmart to shop. Winnie had the best time in the camping section where I let her peruse at her will for about an hour and a half and then made it through the rest of the store. We had lunch at AppleBees. She decided they need Applebees in England. No she did not order ice tea. We then went to a Dollar Tree Store so she could see what they have which she said was much like a pound store in England. We then headed toward home stopped at the butcher store for some steaks and had baked potatoes and green beans. She said my home canned green beans were pretty good. Much better than what you buy in the store. After dinner we all feel asleep in recliners and then headed off to our beds for our trip to Williamsburg. That will be in another thread.

Too bad I was in Augusta springs until Monday afternoon. Sounds like you covered all the good stuff.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

I can assure you Winnie and I gave it our best effort.